xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
elmaimonero

Do Slide Phones Break Easily?

Should I buy a slide phone, a flip phone or a regular phone?I need someone's opinion on what type of phone to get.I heard that slide phones break easily, and flip phone can also break easily ( I've known people that have broken their open flip phones by sitting on them )

well, in theory, all phones will break easily because companies try to make them smaller and lighter, yet filled with more features. i recommend going by looks and price, or maybe just price. if you get a cheap phone, who cares if it breaks. but if you get an expensive phone, take good care of it. i personally hate regular cell phones, and i have a flip phone. but a lot of slide phones are nice. so go by price and looks and maybe google it for reviews. well, definately google it for reviews.

I wouldn't worry about it. Probably by the time your phone gets broken, you have already thought about buying a new one because nowaday it's like you need to buy a new phone in two years time, because the older gets obsolete (in fact nobody needs the usual improvements on mobile phones but you have to look cool). So probably you'll be even relieved if it gets broken, because you'll have the fact to justify buying a new one. :lol:

No they don't break easier. Flip phones are more likely to break, but they also look better. Slide phones aren't that eassy to be broken (as long as your carefull when they are open, which is its weakest point) So you really should be fine, if you just keeping it in your pocket, no it won't break, if its getting dropped a lot, then its equally likely to be broken and any other phone. The only thing is make sure you dont have it open and that top part break off. Thats the worst thing. Otherwise you will definatly be fine with whatever phone. Really look is what you should base it on, secondly the plan, some phones come with certain plans, therefore its less expensive, others they must go through a processor which changes the plan etc. Thirdly base it on price. So you should really be fine :lol:

i would personally buy a NON - FLIP phone i have had 3 flip phones and for all three of the phones, the flip has been broken in bout the first 6months. I have also had phones from different manufacturers...NokiaSonyand Samsungso its not as if i am being biased! :P

Ive had a flip phone for some time, and whats nice is the screen cant get scratched... But slide phones are the new trend and you might want to look into one.

Well, as 9block has stated, slide phones are the new black which is the new white. :PI have a slide phone and I swap from slide to standard all the time.I actually prefer slide phones, so, it's entirely up to you.

I've had all three and like robocz033 said, they're gonna break eventually. Flip phones are perhaps the most easily broken because the hinge is the weakest point and can be broken by too much pressure on either side. On the other hand, the screen is more protected from scratches and I didn't make random phone calls whenever I was digging around for something in my purse because I accidentally hit the buttons. Slide phones also have a weak point where the two parts of the phone connect together, but it's usually smaller and there's no hinge, so it's not being pushed in different directions. For the most part, the screen will probably be scratched up. I also had to change the settings because I would accidentally hang up on people when the slide part closed. And a regular phone is a regular phone, but it's cheap and easy to replace if you break it.I personally like my flip phone, but I'm not a big phone person anyways. I usually can't wait to get off the phone.

Slide phones are usually the ones that break easiest. Eventually, the sliding mechanism will also umm...lose grip? Not sure how to say it, but it will slide without your control. If you're looking for a sturdy phone that can take a beating, then the original choco bar phones are the way to go. I bought my ROKR E1 used, and it already looked like it took a beating, followed by yours truly dropping it numerous times, and to this day, it lives on with its battle scars.

Take a look at how most websites review the 'Build quality' of the particular phone. You can't rule out phones just because they have a flap or slider!! There are some great phones in that category too!!!

Yesterday I transfered from a Razor V3 to a Rizr Z3. I was really dissapointed in the Razor because I actually went through 4 in a month without doing ANYTHING to it because they kept on sending me refurbished ones. Sometimes, it came broken. It was pretty disgusting. So after complaining now theyre sending us a free Rizr. Which is good I guess, I think it looks nice and slide phones are pretty cool I think. I just really don't suggest the Razor, everone owns one anyway! They seriously lost their charm: every spoiled little kid in the world has one.

Not Really , slide phones are the safest so far atfer flip. jus like flip phone slide protects ur keypads , jus in case u have ur key pads inside ,, moreover the slide phones have imporved a lot., take a look at N95 , such hi-end phones can slide both ways. Even Sony has very good models in slide. If u are looking for a cheaper and a safer with all the value added features for a slide phone i suggest u look at SAMSUNG models.

i can recommend u SAMSUNG E250 , its jus under $100. :) :XD: :D

Posted Image