xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Smart Ftp

I just resolved the problem of not being able to access subdomains of Xisto, i got an email back from Xisto - Support, and they said to avoid the following:

1. Do not try to login with many failed attempts.2. Do not use automated programs to login.
3. When using FTP, make sure your information is correct.
4. Please check if FTP or any other program is not making large number of simultaneous connections.
5. If the login info in your program is fed in incorrectly, make sure you correct it immediately before your program tries to login large number of times with failed attempts.
6. When using SSH service, do not try to use sneaky software.

for number 1. Smart FTP automaticly keeps trying to log in, how can i change that?
for number 2. Smart FTP automaticly logs me in when i run the program, would that be considered an automated program?
for number 3. --
for number 4. What does this mean? like if Smart FTP is trying to connect to multiple accounts? or does it mean something else?
for number 5. I know all my information was correct, but it kept trying to attempt multiple times, is that still bad?
for number 6. I dont know what that is :lol:

Please answer the questions =)

As for your problems after re-downloading smart ftp I look around and this is what I came up with#1 As far as I can tell you can't turn off that setting, however, if you have the correct log in info you have nothing to worry about.#2 Yes#3 --#4 That means you can have several different log ins for several different sites, now mind you they won't all kick in at once just the first one. But every time time you log into another hosting account a new tab will be created and then you be able to move back and forth between file managers.#5 if your log in details are correct you can log in as many times as well you want, however if your not hte primary users and you log in fails multiple times you will get ip banned from the site and get your number red flag by the hosting techs.#6 Secure Shell or SSH is a form of encryption that makes it harder for outside sources from cracking your hosting account and wreak havokhopefully that helps in answering your questions.