xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yuripro84

Hey Guys!

Hey, my name is Chris.This site looks great, I love how you get free hosting just from posting, although I may just take the text ad and upgrade if I can get enough credits. You're allowed to do that, right? I'm just surprised they only require a bottom text ad! From what they offer, that's not much, this host looks great so far.I know HTML, CSS, XML, some Javascript, and little PHP. I also know how to use Dreamweaver, and CPanel. Don't know what else to say :/I'm currently creating a site where I create skins, or templates for different scripts that come from templates I download from other sites. So basically, I take templates from sites that allow me to redistribute modified versions of their script, and I integrate them into scripts, and then give them away for download free of charge.EDIT:It's so easy to get points! I'll just make some more quality posts....I love this place :lol: lol

Edited by Yuripro84 (see edit history)

Hey,Welcome to Xisto and I hope you enjoy it here and keep up with the quality posting. About the ad upgrade I think you are allowed to do that but please verify from Opaque (He is the admin here)You have a nice idea there about the skins and templates as It will help a lot of people and I guess you will be putting in a lot of effort and hope you do.

Hey,
Welcome to Xisto and I hope you enjoy it here and keep up with the quality posting. About the ad upgrade I think you are allowed to do that but please verify from Opaque (He is the admin here)

You have a nice idea there about the skins and templates as It will help a lot of people and I guess you will be putting in a lot of effort and hope you do.

Ya, I've already been working on a few. The first scripts I will be making templates for are AV Arcade, Aardvark Topsites PHP, and Dew-NewPHPLinks. I'm almost done with my first two for AV Arcade :lol: They would be released right now if my old site wasn't hacked though....some random people hacked my site for no reason, and I couldn't test my work. But, oh well, at least my site wasn't released yet!

And I have been trying to put lots of time into my sites. I mean, so far, I have made over 20 hosting credits (after this post) in less than 24 hours. That's pretty dedicated, no? :P But I have probably put in a few hours into just figuring out how the scripts work and then changing the template into something that works with the script. It's a pain, but it's fun :D I just hope when I get a job, it won't cut my progress down too much...I'm about three weeks into summer vacation :D Still applying to jobs lol, nobody has taken me yet! But, that means more time dedicated to my sites. If I didn't have to, I wouldn't get a job, but my parents want me to lol.

Hey Chris, I'm Karl :lol: But I also go by: Oc, Borris, Dagoth :P And, yeah, It's very easy to get posts here :DI hope you enjoy your stay at Xisto :D It's a very cool place, and I do like the idea of post-to-host sites like this, coz it beats paying, and it beats pop ups! If you have any questions ask me or any high-posted member (They tend to know more :D ) or just post it on the forums! Have fun! :P

Hey Karl, got enough names? lolBut ya, it definitely beats paying, and having annoying ads. Even if I had to though, a small text ad is nothing! Freeweb forces a whole toolbar, and bravenet forces huge ads at the top. I'm surprised how little this site makes it's users work, or how little ads it forces lol.

Hello Yuripro84 Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich, in Michigan, USA. Sounds like we have a lot in common. I design web sets for people for free also. Mine are a little simplistic for some, but I cater to the web design illiterate who just want to do something for a home page site. I get a lot of requests, so I guess I am filling a need. :lol: Good Luck with your ideas. BTW, you are right about Trap 17. They offer so much for so little effort.