xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sourabhj

A Few Suggestions To Make Trap17 More Powerful A few Suggestions to Make Trap17 more Powerful by some new Credit re

Hi I Have some suggetions for Posting credit reward1) a free .com domain redirection facility2) increase bandwidth and space and add some extra features to account.i know you provide a .com domain for 250 credits but it would be more attractive if u can just provide a .com redirection to existing subdomain for 100 or more credits.add some extra features for 50-100 credits.Also There should be some tips to members how to post i mean requirements of the good post i know there are guidlines but its confusing to newbies so if they are not posting like as desired they should be informed what they are laking,which u dont like.also some information when can one reapply for free website request if one's application gets rejected,as mine too have been rejected, iam just thinking when to reapply,do my post are now acceptable to qualify for free hosting.if one gets all the information it will be quite usefull.Thanks

Edited by sourabhj (see edit history)

thats what the .com domain is. its just redirection. sorry to say, i was kinda mad when i heard that. i do like the idea of extra features for more credits. but increased bandwidth and space would be great, eventhough im getting a real domain in a couple months...

What do you mean Guide Lines there are alot of those in fact the Admin here are very strict about that kind of thing. They give out warnings for little things like spam, or one liners, which I guess is spam. And for more serious things they might even just ban you. So I think that there are alot of guid lines here.

What do you mean Guide Lines there are alot of those in fact the Admin here are very strict about that kind of thing. They give out warnings for little things like spam, or one liners, which I guess is spam. And for more serious things they might even just ban you. So I think that there are alot of guid lines here.

Ya i know there are many guidelines available by admins,i really appreciate that effort by admins,but my point is that a newbie doesnt know what mistake he is doing,so if possible,he should be informed what s wrong with post..

... but my point is that a newbie doesnt know what mistake he is doing,so if possible,he should be informed what s wrong with post..

The newbie sometimes (which is a lot) doesn't take the time to read the rules, and therefore creates their own ignorance. Many things are covered in the Xisto ReadMe—enough to keep the newbie out of trouble. And people can also learn from other's actions.

Hey,I agree with truefusion about the rules. During sign up you are asked to read the rules but nobody ever does so when they make a mistake and are warned for that, some of the newbies tend to get cheeky even after a verbal warning so we usually suspend them or ban them. The admin at Xisto are strict that is true but you have to have some leniency or traffic tends to decrease. Imagine if you were banned the instant you make a mistake then you would not be able to ever come back. Sometimes newbies do stuff accidentally so they are confused and that is the reason mods are present to help them out.About the reduction in credits for domains. The problem about reducing the level to 100 is that you can reach that number by writing useless garbage(spamming) the forum. To prevent the forum being spammed the number was increased to 250. If it was at a 100 then the forum would be filled with too many spammers just so that they could get the domain and then stop posting or something

The .com domain is a re-direction if not in the literal sense. You don't get anything new with that, only difference is, the ".trap17" will be gone and you'll own that domain legally.

Extra benefits for more credits is quite a good idea though, many people would be wanting more bandwidth later on, not me for now but I might as well need it later on when I finally start using my hosting effectively.

I guess 280 credits for a domain are fine for now, the idea behind it was better service of course but we all can see posting on here isn't as easy as it was a year or some back. So another idea was to motivate members to post more and more according to me.

About the reduction in credits for domains. The problem about reducing the level to 100 is that you can reach that number by writing useless garbage(spamming) the forum. To prevent the forum being spammed the number was increased to 250. If it was at a 100 then the forum would be filled with too many spammers just so that they could get the domain and then stop posting or something

I agree to this too.
And about the rules. The tips will be as easily over-looked as the Xisto Readme is if you ask me. Just re-naming it (that's almost what you're doing by writing down "tips") won't be of any help I guess.

Ah been a while since I seen a post about how to post, anyways like the previous posters most people won't read the read me because of all the info you have to memorize and stuff. When I first join I never read the readme but, it was never like it is now, however, I had a good idea what to expect what to do when I was looking at other posts and asked around. So if you don't know what to do just look at posts and ask people what you need to do.now for .com redirecting that is a simple procedure of either parking a domain or add on a domain so thats how you would redirect. Well I don't see added space or bw upgrades any time soon since it took about 3 years to generate the funds for the hosting packages we have now. Of course the free hosting package is basically a stepping stone that send you to paid hosting so if want more space you usually go into paid hosting, but with the hosting packages we have now most people don't use it all up unless they become very popular but that takes time. So with what you have now you won't be able to use it all up unless you have software downloads or something.