xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sourabhj

Data Stored In Dna Of Bacteria Researchers Stored Data in Bacteria DNA

yes Researchers have succeeded in storing data in dna so there will be soon a time will come when we will not be gettting data stored on disks, computer chips, hard drives and good paper but we will be storing it on dna of bacteria.actually the four characters that represent the genetic coding in DNA ,work much like digital data. Character combinations can stand for specific letters and symbols so codes in genomes can be translated, or read, to produce music, text, video and other content. but now its in development stage and may be not relaible but soon it will be ,and they claim that bacterial information lasts as long as a species stays alive possibly a million years according to Professor Masaru Tomita, who heads the team of researchers at Keio University. Lets hope it comes soon so that we get rid of dirty disk crash

wow that is really creepy that computer technology has advanced to living organisms. pretty soon they wiil find a way too store information in our skin so alll we will have to do in order to upload files is to plug our selves up

Edited by arza1 (see edit history)

Um... hmm I think this project should stop. It might be another Nuclear weapon. What I mean is not another WMD but maybe a technology that shouldn't continue any more because it may be harmful. In my opinion, if data is stored in DNA's, wouldn't these bacterias mutate? And there's a good chance for bad mutation that can harm us humans. I don't think we should be doing this. Too much data in the environment seems really creepy.This technology will only benefit terrorists and give them an easier path to take over countries like the US. I'm not sure how but it can and it will happen, if this continues any further.

Um... hmm I think this project should stop. It might be another Nuclear weapon. What I mean is not another WMD but maybe a technology that shouldn't continue any more because it may be harmful.
In my opinion, if data is stored in DNA's, wouldn't these bacterias mutate? And there's a good chance for bad mutation that can harm us humans. I don't think we should be doing this. Too much data in the environment seems really creepy.

This technology will only benefit terrorists and give them an easier path to take over countries like the US. I'm not sure how but it can and it will happen, if this continues any further.

I don't really have much knowledge about the DNA of Bacterias and it would be good if the researchers could confirm it that will it have a mutating effect on the species. I mean, though we aren't manipulating anything and just adding onto stuff, it could still lead to complications according to me.

And about the Terrorist part. I can't think of a way that it'll help terrorists. But if they start storing their data onto their skins and DNA in near future, then actually the a countries might benefit a bit. I mean they could capture a person from some terrorist group and instead of interrogating him/her, could just hack into his skin and get the data!

It's just too confusing now as we just know that storage is possible and not how and what type of and how it'll be accessible by outside. Could you please link to the source of this news sourabhj?

I don't really have much knowledge about the DNA of Bacterias and it would be good if the researchers could confirm it that will it have a mutating effect on the species. I mean, though we aren't manipulating anything and just adding onto stuff, it could still lead to complications according to me.
And about the Terrorist part. I can't think of a way that it'll help terrorists. But if they start storing their data onto their skins and DNA in near future, then actually the a countries might benefit a bit. I mean they could capture a person from some terrorist group and instead of interrogating him/her, could just hack into his skin and get the data!

It's just too confusing now as we just know that storage is possible and not how and what type of and how it'll be accessible by outside. Could you please link to the source of this news sourabhj?

ok iam giving the source details i have read this news on google news and the link to that news is http://international.nytimes.com/ please check it soon before link goes dead