xisto Community
masugidsk8r

Which Printer Has Long-lasting Ink?

You have to remember that it's not about saving ink, because that's virtually incalculable. It's about quality and if the printer is in working order in order to consume the ink efficiently. If I was to direct you to an ink cartridge, I'd say my best experience was with an EPSON - which took four cartridges costing on average 3-4? each near late 2000's. However it was quite pricey before that.That printer did lose its quality too soon! And I could only just about use it for printing text documents - mind you it was the epson stylus c66 photo edition. I know use the Canon MP480 - the cartridges are four times as prices (totalling 30-40? B&W + C) - The speed is AWESOME, INK CONSUMPTION IS HIGHER THAN THE C66 but it is generally good, as the quality is better!I recommend you do some extensive research - not on the brand, but models and how well they perform and the cartridge cost too! Sometimes the cartridge may cost less -but consume faster, and sometimes it may be that the cartridge may cost more but consume slower due to its mechanism. Lastly, buy a printer which is specific to your needs. Photo printers consume more, 3-in-1's consume more, general printers for text / images are ideally more appropriate- cheaper and affordable when you need to replace it...:P