xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SamiFX

Help.. Firefox Language

I have a problem with FireFox .. when I enter to google.com or ebay.com or aol.com it changes the domain automatically to .de (german domains) and shows me the german version of that website but this doesn't happen with internet explorer and the setting in windows control panel are English(United States) ... I think that there is an option in FireFox to change it ... do you know how? :lol:

Try this:Go to "Tools" > "Options" > "Advanced" tab (last tab) > under "Languages" select "Choose" > select "english"Hopefully your problem is that simple to fix.

I have a problem with FireFox .. when I enter to google.com or ebay.com or aol.com it changes the domain automatically to .de (german domains) and shows me the german version of that website but this doesn't happen with internet explorer and the setting in windows control panel are English(United States) ... I think that there is an option in FireFox to change it ... do you know how? :lol:

Or maybe you accidentally added a German proxy server to your Firefox. Google.com, ebay.com and aol.com are known to detect your IP address to determine your geographical location in order to provide you with relevant contents in your native language.

1. Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network -> Settings
2. Check if 'Direct connection to the internet' is selected. If not, select it.

Hope this helps.

Try this:

Go to "Tools" > "Options" > "Advanced" tab (last tab) > under "Languages" select "Choose" > select "english"

Hopefully your problem is that simple to fix.

I tried to see this before but the english is already selected..

Or maybe you accidentally added a German proxy server to your Firefox. Google.com, ebay.com and aol.com are known to detect your IP address to determine your geographical location in order to provide you with relevant contents in your native language.

I didn't add a proxy server, I've checked it again.. It's 'Direct connection to the internet' already selected ..

thanks anyway . . but the problem as I see is fixed now and I wonder how

Try this:

Go to "Tools" > "Options" > "Advanced" tab (last tab) > under "Languages" select "Choose" > select "english"

I didn't add a proxy server, I've checked it again.. It's 'Direct connection to the internet' already selected ..

Try this:

Ooh .. I'm sorry for the duplicated post .. when I tried to send the post it shows me error page tow times ..I though that it didn't post.. sorry

Edited by SamiFX (see edit history)