xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rosaline

Can't Install Phpbb! Help

I am getting very frustrated as I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install phpbb completely.I've uploaded all the files using FTPSmart. I think clicked on the install.php fine, and was taken to the screen where I fill everything out. It says I successfully did all that:Your admin username has been created. At this point your basic installation is complete. You will now be taken to a screen which will allow you to administer your new installation. Please be sure to check the General Configuration details and make any required changes. Thank you for choosing phpBB 2.-----However, when I click on the "Finish Installation" button, it takes me right back to the Install PHPBB screen that I already filled out!!!I am so confused and frustrated by this and cannot get it to work. Please help!

Well, I guess you better check the permissions on the databse you created, even the password and stuff.It happened with me 5 times with WordPress and in the end I figured out that I skipped one letter in the password. :lol:

in username did u putdatabasename?cuz the username is really just your cbox username, it automatically adds the username_ to the front of database name, so make sure you didnt do like rosaline_rosaline_databasename(like you typed in rosaline_databasename)and for permissions did u add the username so it has all permissions ot the database?

Yes, you have usernames and passwords.And you can assign different databases different usernames.*reads the post*Oh cool! Congratulations then! :lol:Link to the forum? Would like to check it out.

Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)

Oh ya, and did you change the permissions to the right files to 0775, because that could also keep some users from seeing your forums.

I guess she would've done that.As she was following the tutorial and I guess phpBB would have mentioned that too!Well, don't know about SmartFTP, but once you right-click the file, there might be something like file attributes or file properties, there you can change it. It's CHMOD-ing, something I already mentioned you might need help with. :lol:

Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)