xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
robocz033

Runescape 2 Private Server Guide: Part 2 No-ip setup

Overview:

In part 2 i will describe how to set up no-ip. no-ip is a simple way of hosting a private server and it is most commonly used. if this does not work, there is another way i will tell about in part 3. part 2 and 3 are short, yet effective guides that are aimed at helping you! If you are not sure if it is working, it is probably because you have not read part 4: Port Forwarding

Chapters:

Chapter 1: What is No-ip?

Chapter 2: Initial Setup

Chapter 2 Section A: Creating an account

Chapter 2 Section B: The DUC

Chapter 3: Config

Chapter 3 Section A: Server related

Chapter 3 Section B: DUC Related

Chapter 4: Finishing up

Chapter 1: What is No-Ip

To start with, No-Ip is actually a company that provides DNS for your Dynamic IP. They work with private servers because when the address is typed in, it accesses your computer and ultimately the server. however, if you are worried that you could get hacked via this, that isnt possible because no-ip only accesses certain things, its hard to explain, but it works and it wont hurt your computer. i have used this method for hosting before, but it did not work on my new computer. i do recommend it because it is more sought after and more popular. this can also be used if you have a website hosted from your computer, but i am not going to be talking about that. if you have any concerns, please post.

Section A: Creating an Account

This is very strait forward. go to http://www.noip.com/ and click sign up now, which is located to the right of the login box and the left of the domain search. Fill in the form and click accept (you might have to activate your account). after you are signed in, you can create a DNS. once you are logged in you are directed to a page that will have this side panel on it:

Posted Image

Click add under Hosts and Redirects. You will see this form:

Posted Image

Fill out the form and press the "Create Host" button. if you are wondering what you should have in the drop down menu (default is no-ip.biz) choose anything with no-ip in it. also, the only thing you actually have to fill out is the hostname box, everything else is either prefilled or does not have to be filled out.

Section B: The DUC

Now we need to download the DUC, or Dynamic DNS Update Client, allows you to control your server ip. to download it, click on the Downloads tab on top of the No-Ip.com page. The only download there is is for the DUC, so just select your operating system and download it. after downloading, run it and set it up. you now have installed the DUC.

After the installation, the DUC will automatically start, it will ask for a email and password, give the email and password you used to sign up for the website. after logging in, it will check for your hosts. there will be a checkbox next to it, check that and the smiley face should blush. you have now set up your DUC.

Section A: Server Related

Not much to talk about, except setting up the port. this is relatively simple and will take a couple of minutes. open up the folder where your server is located and open server.java. search for 43594 and you can replace that or keep it the same. other commonly used ports are 5555 and 4545. Save the file and exit out of it.

Section B: DUC Related

well, i basically explained everything that was needed in chapter 2 section b. if you have questions, post and i will answer them, and if it is reoccuring, i will post the answers here.

Chapter 4: Finishing Up

Now that everything is installed, it is still not ready to connect (unless you dont have a firewall which would only apply to mac and linux users, hopefully not windows users). in part 4 i will explain the last of connecting. this will be release today or tomorrow for sure.

Thanks, I'm making a RSPS right now, and I am trying to get into my router. I tried the normal usernames and passwords, but they don't work. If you could help that would be great! Router-

NETGEAR WG311v2

Thanks!

Usually username is Admin, and usually the password is pass or password, im trying to look because i came accross another group of routers that used different default so hold up, ill edit this post when i find it

you need to get into your router to set up the no-ip to direct to your ip and make a working connection. The easiest way out of all this mess is hamachi, only downside to hamachi is hard to remember numbers, and people have to download it (although it is on a secure site)

Section A: Server Related

Not much to talk about, except setting up the port. this is relatively simple and will take a couple of minutes. open up the folder where your server is located and open server.java. search for 43594 and you can replace that or keep it the same. other commonly used ports are 5555 and 4545. Save the file and exit out of it.

where do i do this at? i dont know what folder to open
email me please?
mitcho_96@msn.com

No, you must still set-up it with your router, and have the DUC, otherwise it will not work. Usually hamachi is the easiest option, its just dumb because people have to download it.

using project 69.using bell 2701hg-g modem that i portforwarded.followed mattster guide on teenhutrunserver starts on 0.0.0.0 only i can join...(think i need to change 0.0.0.0 to royalpkscape.no-ip.org)cant add my server to codefasga.com or mopar server status list..they say (connection cannot be established)i need help......Edit/Delete Messageusing project69 :)