xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

Potentially Groundbreakingly Fun Development? Certainly a Possibility

There is one HUGE development missing from all WW2 or just the games where many characters are around the "single player" (whether npc or not).

I came up with this idea yesterday and I have already passed it past so many people who agree it would turn these games to seriously top notch ones.

The Single Player "campaign" style missions where there are many characters, controlled by the computer and you. (Let's not pretend, there always are other players with you in almost every mission of a game like Call of Duty, so this is about 99% possible) What if 8-or-so of those other computer controlled characters were online co-op players. How awesome would that be? Storming the D-Day beaches with your mates or going through and capturing the campaign mode village with 7 other warriors on the other end of an internet connection...

They are developing 54 people plus, with 32 already working in some games for online battles, so what's to say that an 8-way would not be entirely posible to implement... They already have the technology and skill to do it!!!

I think this would simply MAKE any game, what do ya reckon? Maybe if anyone could add to this idea, and totally improve it, we could all get an amazing game to feature this new "Feature" sometime in the future :lol: (Having known a developer would make this possible..)

I think that'd be a freakin' awesome idea. There just aren't enough co-op campaign games, especially for WWII.

I agree with you, in fact I've been searching long and hard for co-op games. I'd be soo happy even if they only did a remake of cod2 with co-op support...

it's great that you like :lol: it'd be like the frenzy of a paintball skirmish, with people getting shot around you... In your own home!!! Do you have any possible ideas to improve this before I put it forward to someone?!!! :D

Hey I just came up with this thinking.. of course the voice feature of the xbox/PS3 (I like xbox though!) would go alongside it so you could chat / make a strategy, maybe there could be an option to make all the voices sound like theyre coming through a field radio... Not so you can't understand it of course, but to make it sound more like you're in the action... Maybe if someone talks and bullets go past them, it should go through the radio too? I think that would make a really good experience? <-- Is this any good

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)