xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rosaline

Pet Bunny! Anyone Else?

Since I am in college and in a dorm room, there are few animals that are allowed. However, a bunny is one of them. Since you can pet them, unlike a fish, I chose to get one of those and was definitely thrilled with it. I named mine Floppy McFuzzFuzz, and she is a white with black spots rabbit. They make fabulous pets and I would suggest them to anyone looking for something cute, furry, and intelligent but that doesnt' require much cleaning or anything.My rabbit is insanely smart... she is litterbox trained, which is fabulous. Also, when out of her cage, if I say "cage" a few times she'll eventually hop into it, which is awesome.Also, a little known fact about rabbits... did you know that when they are really happy, they literally "spaz"?! They jump up into the air and twitch their entire body. It is the cutest thing EVER, I fell in love with Floppy the first time she did that even though I was afraid something was wrong with her! I adopted her from a pet shelter so I was afraid she had been abused or something. Turns out, like I said, it is just a sign of happiness. Other signs are that thumping signals danger... so silly Thumper from Bambi musta been scared alot!A really cute bunny story... Floppy once put her toy rattling carrot on her food dish and balanced it there miraculously! Before I could get one of my college suitemates to come see, she picked it up and threw it across her cage. I swear, these animals are so intelligent and playful!!Anyway... does anyone else have any cute bunny stories to share? I would definitely suggest getting one if you haven't yet! :lol:

I'll refrain from telling any bunny stories because our rabbits were not raised as pets.But it's interesting that your school lets you have rabbits in the dorms - that's pretty cool, actually. When I lived in the dorms at my school, we could have fish and...fish. That was it. I declined to adopt any because I don't particularly care to invest time, energy and money in a "pet" that does nothing but dirty up its house, eat the food and occasionally stare at me.

Aww she sounds so cute!!!! ^.^ I had a brown dwarf bunny when I was a kid. Her name was Cinnamon and she was only about a foot long. She was soooo cute! We gave her to my grandpa's farm because, as we already had two cats and my sister's bunny, we couldn't take care of her anymore. :lol: My sister's bunny, Nibbles, went to the farm with her. I still love her.

Hi,Congratulations on the new pet and I know about bunnies spazzing out, my cousin's bunnies patch and coco always spazzed when he returned from college. It was so cute :lol: I wish I could get a bunny but I have cats and dogs who are very smart so I cant get a bunny but would love to have a hamster because they can be carried and can be kept safe in their pens. Your bunny sounds really great for sometimes bunnies can be dirty if they are not taken care ofBut again I say congratulations and maybe you could put up a few pictures of her in your gallery or somewhere else. Keep updating on her adventuresCheers :D

Like Velma said, the bunny sounds really cute :lol:. I hear that some hate to be picked up and "cuddled" so you shouldn't get one just for cuddling - just a random bunny fact :P. What other animals are you allowed in your dorms. I think you are allowed Birds, but I might be wrong. Post some pictures pwease :D.