xisto Community
soleimanian

How To Disable Low Disk Space In Xp

How to disable low disk space in Microsoft Windows XP

As you know, Microsoft Windows XP displays a warning message in system tray, if you don’t have enough space in your hard drive. This feature is a useful tool for users to delete junk and old files.

But this feature sometimes may bother you. To disable this feature do following:

1- Click Start menu and then click RUN. Run dialog box will appear.

2- In Run dialog box type "regedit" (without quotes) and then click OK. To run Microsoft Registry editor.

3- Find following key :

KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

4- Right click on right panel and create a new DWORD value and name "NoLowDiskSpaceChecks".

5- Finally give a value of 1.

6- Close Registry editor and restart your computer.

Windows xp no longer display low space warning massage.

Note: incorrectly editing your registry may damage your computer.

Nice tutorial Soleimanian, I never knew you could actually disable the low disc space warning in Windows XP. Wana add some words to what you said...

First and foremost, like you said in there, messing around with your windows registry editor without really knowing what you are doing in there can cause serious damages to your operating system and, maybe subsequent reformating of your PC

What does that tell us, you dont tamper with regedit if u dont know how to use it. By the way, I wonder why anyone might wanna disable the low disk space warning. Who want to allow his Hard disc to fill to the brim without being alerted t take the necessary precautions. I know I pesonally wont try dat though.

U can never tell though. I know that for some reason or the other, people might want to dabble into doing something like that in their PCs, but it aint advisable to try that on your computer.

Edited by odomike (see edit history)