xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seez

Beating Given To Innocent Kid On the street, and I saw it happen

I guess the only way you could have helped alone in this situation is if you knew martial arts. Taking on 5 people with absolutely no fighting abilities would be a breeze, them having weapons or not. The only thing you would have to worry about is hurting them so that they don't get killed.

It all comes down to, what kind of person are you?There are:People who would interrupt and help on the spot.People who would call the cops.People who would do both.Of coarse there are other types.But being not being either one doesn't condemn you. You do what you think is best.

Whoa. This story is really something that I mostly just hear about and not actually see. It must have been extreme to have witnessed it. If I were in your shoes . . . well I really wouldn't know. I would have to be in that situation to know what I'd do. It's completely unfair to think people suffer that every day, but then again when is life completely fair. Hopefully the kid's not being or going to be beaten up anytime soon. This topic was definitely the most interesting thing I've read today and somewhat surprising since it's coming from a hosting site.

Look, Smack has a point. I should have done something, but ... you know, I didn't put this in the post but one of the guys had a bat. Not a plastic, cheap, light little play baseball bat you can buy at a garage sale, it was a thick, wooden, heavy, sturdy, large, hundred dollar bat one could buy at a great sports store. It was for people who interfered with the kid getting beaten.

And the guys.... were huge. Some were overweight, some were just HUGE. Buff. I know that they all had blades as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if the leader even.... had a gun.

If I tried to take the beating for the kid, the guys would have been furious at me and I would have been severely beaten with the bat and with fists. On top of that, I could have been cut with the knives. And even - I could have even been shot although it is unlikely.

These guys were practically criminals. They didn't go to the kid's school - they were just playing basketball there. I had no control over them, and I didn't have my cell with me. The kid didn't either, although I didn't put that in the post.

I know the kid now and he's okay, and they've been leaving him alone. That's good, at least. And I've actually been rounding up a gang of my own in case they bug him again.

You should have called the cops right then and there. Also after ask the kid if he knew the people who beat the crap out of him. After that tell him to go to the cops about this and get them in trouble. He could use you as a witness. Seriously, for borrowing a basketball you shouldn't be beat the hell out of. That is my opinion

You should have called the cops right then and there.

I had no phone. I couldn't. Otherwise I would have for sure.

Thanks man.

And the guys.... were huge. Some were overweight, some were just HUGE. Buff. I know that they all had blades as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if the leader even.... had a gun.

I don't blame you man. If there was one, or two I would've helped the guy. But a group that size, no way. I mean, I live in a pretty nice part of London but still- I assume most of the kids like that in my area have knives (And as you say, guns). Edited by elaks (see edit history)

That's a tough one.I don't think you could of done anything atall as far as helping to fight them.It's a longtime since I left school,but one thing I know,bullies are always going to be there.It's one of lifes dark sides.