xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jarlaxe

R A Salvator Do you like his books?

Do you like his books, i think they are some of the best i have ever read.Heres a list of the series you can buy: (the forgotten realms)The Icewind Dale Trilogy The Dark Elf Trilogy Legacy of the Drow Paths of Darkness The Cleric Quintet The Hunter's Blades Trilogy The Sellswords Trilogy Transitions War of the Spider Queen I highly recommend them!

I read several of the Forgotten Realm Books. At first they were really great, I liked the characters and everything, but after the third book or so they seemed rather repatative. Each book followed the same basic plot, the characterization was sketchy at times, and the descriptions got repatative. R. A. Salvatore used interesting metaphores and adjectives, but after a while they get tedious. I can no longer manage to sit through an entire book. I would recomend reading a few, anymore than that is too much. On the other hand the Drow were very intereseting characters in general, and I liked the way they were described. Most secondary characters were facinating. It was only the main characters that got really annoying. All in all I'd give the Forgotten Realms books about a five out of ten.

Yep I got most of his books, haven't read them in awhile just not enough free time to sit down and reread the books. Icewind Dale Trilogy would be my favorite sine its what started it all for the infamous Drow warrior Drizzt. I got hte all in one books instead of getting them separately; save me some cash though when I got them. Of course I read them while I was in Iraq they made the trip there but the sea water got to them and ruin most of the covers, thought about replacing them but that wouldn't make munch sense since it was only the covers that go ruined.