xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hateheals

Metal music and the like: is it evil?

on many occations i have heard an seen many people associationg the whole metal genre with satan an related stuff.....agreed some of it is satanic,but the WHOLE genre.....i think not...isnt it unfai,being tainted for the misoings of some...

I once had a pastor proclaim that ALL music save for old-school gospel was of the devil. That's patently untrue, of course, but I agreed to the extent that there ARE some bands and musicians who are not exactly, um, wholesome. :) But that's not a genre problem: every type of music includes bands/musicians like that. And they all contain wholesome, non-devil-worshiping people too.Generalizations - especially broad ones (like calling an entire genre Satanic) aren't often correct, or even close to it.Besides: there are more than a few Christian metal bands out there who are pretty good. I like Christian rock too, among other things (including a lot of types of secular music). One must also look closely at each band or musician before passing judgment. Marilyn Manson, for example, is an honorary member of the Church of Satan. Now, hearing that can make some people freak out. Brian Warner worships the devil! Um...no. The Church of Satan (Anton LaVey's creation) does not even believe that God and Satan really exist. So no...they don't worship the devil. But when one does not do a little bit of thinking and investigating, one can be led to believe just about any false thing.

Yeah, I agree. Some metal music is just plain unwholesome, as FolkRockFan says, but it's not the beat of the music, the instruments, or the genre that defines this about music - it's the meaning and words associated with it...So, yeah, from a christian standpoint, metal might be evil if it's saying "let the spawns of hell come forth," but it could also be about something nice, cute, furry, and fluffy, like bunnies... imagine metal music "I like my bunny, he's quite a hare..."or something... basically, I agree that it's wrong to say an entire genre is "evil." One would really have to listen to a song and decide for themselves what they think - does it align with their values or not??

These are just stupid generalizations which hardly have any thought put to their existence.Just using words like hell, devil, cross doesn't make you Satanic. In fact if you go to see, playing Metal isn't really that easy, it's one of the most complicated musical styles ever, as far as I've seen. So you should actually praise them on their talent. It's just the whole image of Metal, the way the bands portray things, the way the bands try and get out their ideas. 'cause Satanism is catchy, it's for old people who want to know more about the thing against their God and for children, most of the times, anything evil fascinates children.As far as I see it, it's just for making it go out and spread to more people and nothing else. Yes, some bands are out-and-out Satanic, but that shouldn't make you say that for an entire genre. Some Metal bands go only as far as the devil's-horn hand sign and nothing beyond that which could be relevant to Satan, Satanism, or being anti-Christ. And when I am saying all this, it's because I have heard things from Black Sabbath to Iron Maiden, from Dimmu Borgir to Children of Bodom and even Cannibal Corpse.The rebellious attitude and Satanism is mostly just the surface to make things look more spicier and appealing, yes I've seen kids picking up a CD with a Cross and Devil-like artwork on it instead of a rather goody-goody one.If you go and listen to it, you'll realize how good it is.I am not a Metal-head myself, I listen to Punk rock mostly.

DUDE......i happen to play an instrument and i know how tough the speed riff and double bass of metal are....i happen to be a bigtime thrash fan....thats what has all the "satanic" stuff in it..

Hey,Hateheals you sound like one angry dude :) Anyway hopping back to the topic. I do not actually hate metal music for I love music of any kinds and Yes it includes metal and It isnt bad but again it is the perspective of the people itself. Like I had mentioned before on another topic I was going to hell because I listened to Metal music. I found that amusing actually. It is not at all bad as again you have to interpret the and the musician is not gonna come and try to explain his music to you and It's not like all metal bands are satanic for many metal bands go to church and pray to the lord. Like they say " Never judge a book by the cover" so we have no right on judging those guys. If we started sending Metal people or songs with satanic/bad messages then I think everybody is going to hell. I mean think about it. Each one of us would vote the other out. Metal against Pop, Pop against trance and such. In short Metal is not bad and It depends on the beholder.

ooo... i love metal, but i dont worship the devil. I may be an athiest but Rock/Heavy Metal didnt make me that way, i just love the loudness and awesomeness.... Metal music, for me, is the music of the gods. It would be the music that god would listen to in the perfect world of mine where there is a god. Metal is played with guitars, Country is playes with guitars, the only difference is the beat and that it is electric, SO if Heavy Metal is evil, then So is Country music, and for that sake, so is the Blues, and with that so is Jazz... Then technically, arent those little nursary rhymes that we were sung when we were babies evil too? Its just silly, music isnt evil unless it straight up says "This song is evil... OH YEAH .... All hale Satan... OH YEA!!!" something like that... So!! in all actuallity, i agree with Velma, because YOU may think something is evil maby because it offends YOU or YOU dont like it... but EVERYONE ELSE might not think so... plus... depends on who is making the music... because if the music really sucks, it might as well be evil right???