xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nol

Hello Its me :o NolDesigns

Hello everyone,Whats up? I'm here to join a new community, which I thought at least, saw some graphics things, which i am very intrested in. I also do a lot of java/php coding. So I am looking for a really good free host, which looks like this one. I hope to stay pretty active here. I used to have a IPB forum myself, but it fell awhile ago after I just didn't want to do graphics anymore. Now after the past like 2 weeks or so, I have been re-assured of my love for graphics. Tramposch and I are working on re-building my forum which has about 130+ members on it.I have another forum thats just reaching its peak, with about 50 or so members on it. Its a runescape private server (coded in java), and its a great start, probably one of my faster growing communities. Tramposch is like one of my best friends, we are on a lot of forums together, and he helps me code etc. I am 16, and work for my uncle at his restraunt, and also work for cingular on weekdays. I'm almost out of school, I play american football, quarterback. I enjoy rap/hip-hop and SOME rock. I used to have a sweet car but it got totalled about 2 months ago. Kinda embarrassing how. (rear-ended by a garbage truck) so ya :)

Edited by nol (see edit history)

Welcome to Xisto. I'm sure you will like it just fine here. It's a lot of fun and there are plenty of people that make graphics here that can critique you and there also Signature of the Week Contests. There is also the GFX Crew you can join after you post some of your work and apply to it. There are also plenty of PHP coders who can help you or you can help them if needed. It's a great community as well as a good host so I'm sure you'll fit in fine here. I hope to get to know you better and you enjoy your stay here. Just make sure you have read the Xisto Readme (Bible).

Thanks, I hope to be really active on here, and learn a lot from this community. I love seeing how tons of community's have their own style of graphics. You can look at like one forum, and you can tell their type of graphic, then look at another, and you can see a total difference. I hope to show you all the best things I got :) I haven't really looked, but is there any like IF/IPB skinning sections here? I'm pretty big into that, and have a couple skins I could add to the database if there is one..

I'm sure you'll be able to learn a lot here, I know I have for sure over the year and a half I've been here. There aren't any specific sections for IPB skins but you can post it in the "Other" Section the Graphics category. There aren't any extra skins either but you can always make the suggestion in the Support/Feedback area. I don't think there are extra skins because it is too much extra coding for every new version and modifications and it may be a problem when it comes to the credit system because it is a huge custom code made by OpaQue. This isn't official so maybe you can ask Buffalo or OpaQue or a moderator.

Ya thats true, but in the other section am I allowed to post links? Like to test boards to show it? I just want a general opinion on a skin im working on, and then I wanna post a couple other skins that are done with. I think it could probably boost up the community, and people will get on more. Also is there any like web templates? Because that would also be cool. I can make a couple of those even though I haven't made one in like forever. It would go along with this community though because, well it is a hosting community! Sounds really intresting lol. Lots going on at this forum, thats what I like :)

Yes you can post links to demos and yes you can post templates as well. Just make sure when posting demos and what not that you aren't advertising for your website, there are separate sections for that as well. There are very many categories you can post in graphic wise, coding wise, and life in general. Explore a little more and you'll find plenty of places where you can post and you can give the graphic section a big boost. If you like to make tutorials you can do those as well for graphics or anything else in general like coding. Photoshop's tutorial section is in the Graphics Section but coding tutorials can go in the regular Tutorial section. If you are low on credits those can be a big boost, just takes some time. Be sure to not copy the information from another site though even if it is from your own. If it has been posted anywhere else or published in a book you must quote it.

Hello nol Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich, in Michigan, USA. Looks like Plenoptic has just about covered all the bases for you concerning Trap 17 participation. Hope you continue to find Trap 17 an informative and educational place to exchange ideas. I see you have a great interest in graphics and want to be a member of the graphics crew. Good Luck! :)

Welcome to site and since already hosted then no need to give you you the usual stchick about reading the rules and stuff, so enjoy your stay here on trap for how ever many years it will be :lol:.