xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

What Is A Black Hole (another Theory To Them)

This morning I watched a program about Super Massive black holes and there existence and the theories behind them, well they do exist but what's very troubling that every single galaxy in the universe has one even our own milk way. Through out program the mention that black hole actually have have two cycles feeding and dormant. Basically these two cycles are when a Black hole feeds on the everything around it thus sucking it into the viod and lost forever, however, during this feeding time the black hole actually pushes the galaxy and everything in it away with it's massive gravity. So as everything gets push out the black hole eats less and less and thus goes dormant, in which during that time the galaxy pushes itself back into the black hole and it starts again.

Now the next part to this is the identification and of course I don't have any picture to show what I am referring to but you should get an idea. Anyways the research begin to use this imaging technique to figure out a star rotation, in which the closer a start gets to a black hole the faster it gets. Now in the image they Have a dark vertical line which is straight, but if that straight line breaks that proves the existence of a black hole and in this case a super massive black hole.

Now here comes the shocking part to this, super massive black holes are 1 million+ times larger in mass then our own sun, and the biggest so far I can't remember which galaxy our or Andromeda is 3 million times the mass of our sun. Now for more shocking news although we won't be able to see it, in 3 billion years those two galaxies will collide and with all that energy happening it will wipe out everything including our own solar system, So to it at the least if man kind doesn't finish each other other the universe will.

But what I found out that was really interesting that coincides with the way black holes feed and sleep is that black holes are part of how a galaxy is form, astronomers believe that when these black holes formed all that pressure gave birth to stars and thus in a way paved way to the formation of the billions (they claim 125 Billion) of galaxies in our known universe. Of course they still haven't answered what is on the other side a black hole, because without technology scientists and astronomers won't be able to seem them. because one they are to far away and two all that light and heat being rapidly rotated into the black hole basically makes them impossible to see with the naked eye.

So all in all everyone assumed that black holes were part of the destruction of the universe, but in fact they are part of the birth of the universe as well and so without that we wouldn't be were we are today with out them talk about irony on that.

OUR BLACK HOLE

Posted Image

Well for more info on super massive black holes I would start here or search and see what you can find.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermassive_black_hole

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Black holes look like fun, I mean where can you go? If you go through i bet you just appear on the other side unscathed. Just like a hoover that sucks things through. Nice to know what was behind there, maybe another universe with all our alter ego's , Ang on that would mean im tall :) wonderful send me through a balck hole.My theory on BLack holes is weird i know but where else can it go? not even light can escape it but the things must go sumwhere else it would just be a white holes instead of black because there would be nothing there.I thought they were really destructive not creative.

Edited by SNiped (see edit history)

Yea, Unstoppable is right, stars are born in a nebula.Black holes are said to have a corresponding White Hole, basically, the part where the stuff that goes in comes out!Actually we don't really know what exactly a black hole does, only that it's a dark spot in space that has so much gravity nothing can escape it's pull. It could quite simply be a very dense ball that attracts objects to it and those objects then become part of the hole.And yea, the Andromeda galaxy is heading straight for us! Our Sun is also going to blow up here pretty soon, well, that depends on your perception of time.

Black holes look like fun, I mean where can you go? If you go through i bet you just appear on the other side unscathed. Just like a hoover that sucks things through. Nice to know what was behind there, maybe another universe with all our alter ego's , Ang on that would mean im tall :) wonderful send me through a balck hole.
My theory on BLack holes is weird i know but where else can it go? not even light can escape it but the things must go sumwhere else it would just be a white holes instead of black because there would be nothing there.

I thought they were really destructive not creative.

Wow... No offence but you have very strange thereos on things that can compress to somenthing even smaller than a hydrogen atom. A black hole is a star that has already reached the nova or super nova and has clappsed on it self somany times that it is smaller than the tiniest subatomic particle. It is so compact, that it has such a strong gravitational pull, that not even light can escape.

I think it is wierd how something under one-millionth your size and suck you in untill you are unexistent. I seriously doubt that our alter egos are on the other side.

That is just my spin on things. Agree if you want. Disagree if you don't.

Now for more shocking news although we won't be able to see it, in 3 billion years those two galaxies will collide and with all that energy happening it will wipe out everything including our own solar system, So to it at the least if man kind doesn't finish each other other the universe will.

Actually, in reference to colliding galaxies, we don't have to wait 3 billion years to see it, there are galaxies colliding right now that we can examine at our leisure.

And when we examine colliding galaxies, the strangest thing we find is that when two galaxies 'collide' they DON'T really collide - they pass THROUGH each other and move on. Sure there's some elbow rubbing, the destruction of the odd starsystem, an exchange of a few stars, some stars going rogue, but all in all, it's actually a far less catastrophic scene than what one might expect. Rather than a gigantic explosion or anything of the sort, most of the stars in each galaxy.. just pass through the spaces BETWEEN the stars of the other galaxy.. and vice versa. You get the picture.

Black holes look like fun, I mean where can you go? If you go through i bet you just appear on the other side unscathed. Just like a hoover that sucks things through. Nice to know what was behind there, maybe another universe with all our alter ego's , Ang on that would mean im tall :) wonderful send me through a balck hole.
My theory on BLack holes is weird i know but where else can it go? not even light can escape it but the things must go sumwhere else it would just be a white holes instead of black because there would be nothing there.

I thought they were really destructive not creative.

Black holes don't seem to be wormholes. Rather they either:
1. Are just extremely dense compacted stars that have such high gravity that light cannot escape it, and so you will be sucked into its pull, become spaghettified, and then fuse with the compacted star.
2. Are sort of like a vacuum cleaner from hell - they suck you in, spaghettify you, then tear you apart into the very dark matter that makes the universe.
At least that's how I was taught. I could be wrong, but I do certainly know that Black Holes are not wormholes like some unrealistic science fiction novel.

I do certainly know that Black Holes are not wormholes like some unrealistic science fiction novel.

No you don't, no one knows. We didn't even think much of black holes until 1916 and we didn't even know they actually existed until 1971 (X-ray binary star Cygnus X-1). And according to NASA, the so-called unrealistic space travel is a possibility, no matter how unlikely.

What it comes down to is we do not yet have the technology needed in order to find out the truth about black holes. Maybe in a few decades...

Until there is a theory of Quantum Gravity I guess that nobody on this planet will ever know and there will only be theories.I do not think that we will ever be able to amass any sort of technology that would be able to do so unless one heck of a scientific discovery is made...

Edited by Tetraca (see edit history)

I think black hole are links to other dimensions and that is why they spew particles that they can't "consume" out either side. (that's the part that looks like an axle sticking right out of the center in opposite directions, actually slightly funnel shaped)I saw a documentary last night on black holes and there was a part showing how a sun get's eaten up by a black hole. I was surprised to learn it takes millions of years to happen even once it has begun. What was even more surprising is how the reversal of the poles of the earth happens and has happened in the past! This thing was four hours long and called something like "waking up to zero point energy" or some such title. Crappy presentation skills but very interesting anyway. Something to think about... the fragments we saw smash into Jupiter seem to have caused the huge storm (spot on Jupiter we all have seen before) to reverse directions! Just what was it that crashed and where did it come from, and why did it split into about 20 pieces before crashing into the planet?

Scariest thing is, we only found those first black holes by chance. The whole light bending around it thing...And, if a black hole came to our solar syste.....no matter how big, we'd be completely ripped apart by it. And as it comes towards earth it will be dragging the sun and any other planets it hasnt already consumed with it, so we'll be roasted alive first anyway.Ooo isnt solar destruction fun!Oh and that thing about galaxies passing through each other....only if the centres arent too close, otherwise the blackholes are gonna merge and create a larger galaxy, or one will consume the other.

The thought of black holes really scare me, because all the power they havewe talked about them in my classs.. and wow.. its just freaky, but i mean... wow I dont get how they can compress things so small! because i mean, its really strange how they have so much power in such little area, right? because i learnt black wholes have mor epower the smaller? or am i wrong?

i have acually heard that they have proven white holes which are the opposite of black holes. now ofcourse they ar not acually white. but it is supposed to be spitting out whatever its counter part swallows. because everyone knows that matter cannot be created nor destroyed.another thing i have heard is that there might even be black holes on earth. just like dark matter black holes cane be any where. it doesn't take a dying star to start it. this hasn't been proven though. it is just a theory.

Edited by arza1 (see edit history)

that was some theories that people think but it wasn't proven since no one has been "sucked" inside a black hole. but as tetraca mentioned, the things that are sucked in a black hole are squeezed so thin that astronomers believe that no one will survive being sucked inside a black hole. and if ever there's an "opposite side" i think it's just pieces of broken matter. :)

as tetraca also mentioned, black holes aren't the same as wormholes where you could travel through space. but that's not proven either.

And when we examine colliding galaxies, the strangest thing we find is that when two galaxies 'collide' they DON'T really collide - they pass THROUGH each other and move on. Sure there's some elbow rubbing, the destruction of the odd starsystem, an exchange of a few stars, some stars going rogue, but all in all, it's actually a far less catastrophic scene than what one might expect. Rather than a gigantic explosion or anything of the sort, most of the stars in each galaxy.. just pass through the spaces BETWEEN the stars of the other galaxy.. and vice versa. You get the picture.

um actually i've watched a documentary about galaxies colliding and sometimes, these galaxies, upon collision, form a different galaxy. there would probably some stars that would pull each other then upon impact would destroy each other and some would form a bigger star (usually result to a starbust galaxy), and some stars would probably be thrown out of the galaxy. it is believed that a black hole is at the center of a galaxy and is what forms the galaxy itself (along with the forming of the shape of the galaxy).

I think black hole are links to other dimensions and that is why they spew particles that they can't "consume" out either side. (that's the part that looks like an axle sticking right out of the center in opposite directions, actually slightly funnel shaped)

well the exact point of black holes is that it sucks everything, even light. they can consume "everything".

What was even more surprising is how the reversal of the poles of the earth happens and has happened in the past!

yes. it was proven in geography and all other studies of the earth. the stones that are attracted to the poles of the earth (magnetically, that is) align themselves according to the poles. and the layers of the earth proved that the alignment changed for a lot of times so it is believed that the north pole once became the south pole and vice versa.
i believe that there are such things as white holes in a sense that they don't have the same function as wormholes. in my opinion, these holes regulate everything in the universe, with a creation of a black hole causes a creation of a white hole so that everything sucked at one side is excreted at the other side. just like with the earth's lithosphere. we get moving continents due to the movement of the earth's inner layers, with all the rocks are circulated.

oh and did you know that calling milky way as "milky way galaxy" is redundant? :)
Edited by master_bacarra (see edit history)

stars are born in a nebula

Actually, recent studies have shown that stars are forming in the close proximity (a few lightyears) of black holes.

What is interesting about black holes is;

In the very center of a black hole, where the gravitational pull in infinate, time stands still.