xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

Anyone Do Triathlons?

Alright, well this summer I have a new plan with the family to run a triathlon. We plan to start with a rather small one, 1/3 mile swim - 12 mile bike - 3.1 mile run. Found a good website with a training plan we can use to get going. I was wondering if anyone here has ever ran a triathlon before and if they liked it or not and how long they trained before it.

That's small? That would take me forever! I know my family couldn't participate in one. One member has bad knees and the other's on chemotherapy. I'd love to try one, though. It sounds interesting.

About 17 or 18 years ago, I tried a triathlon and I was the first one out of the water, last one in from the bike part, and I didn't even bother to run. I blame it on my knee, but, I don't know... I guess it's just not for everybody. I hope it goes better for you!

That's small? That would take me forever! I know my family couldn't participate in one. One member has bad knees and the other's on chemotherapy.
I'd love to try one, though. It sounds interesting.

lol The big ones are like a 3 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 56 mile run. So ya according those that's pretty small.

Thanks Watermonkey, it isn't til October yet luckily so we have time to train but we aren't in a hurry. It's too bad your knee slowed you down or it sounds like you would have won or finished in the top 10 atleast.

I tryed to do a triathlon once, turned up and saw all these guys in skin tight lycra, and road racing bikes. There is me standing amongst these guys in my swimming shorts and my Downhill racing bike, Needless to say that day would rather be forgotton. So morale of the story, make sure you have the right gear for the job. And never listen to freinds who tell you its a bikeride down a mountain :)

I'm probably too out of shape to participate in a Triathalon. I could most likely do it, but I'd probably finish last especially since I am not the best swimmer in the world.