xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
James2k7

Obsessed Mmorpg Players

Seriously there annoying, they don't shut up about their game.MMORPGs (Such as World of Warcraft) are good but it doesn't mean they have to blag (discuss repeatedly) about it to people who arn't interested in it.One of my friends at college is obsessed with WoW (World of Warcraft), so much that he pays to go to an Internet Cafe (nearly everyday) to play it.Wow lol.Does anyone else feel like obsessed mmorpg players should stop bothering everyone (except for other addicts) about their games in the real world?

I'm sure everyone annoys others by talking too much about their hobbies/likes/dislikes. My advice to you is to let them know that they are talking too much about it and tell them it's getting annoying (in a nice way). Being told that your talking too much will let them know that they need to tone it down a little around certain people (like you), just make sure your nice about it or you'll hurt their feelings.

I totally agree with you. I was once played a game (RuneScape). I went on nearly everyday even though it has cheap *bottom* graphics. After about a year and a half, I realised I was wasting my time and decided to move into the programming arena. WOW, Audition, Maplestory and now GE(Genado Espada) have invaded teenagers'/kid's and even adult lives. Instead of doing something useful, they are glued to the computer doing the same task over and over in aims of achieving that awesome level. GE(Genado Espada) is running a TV advertisement here in Singapore and it is shown on the prime time slots where most kids are watching the TV. I say blame those advertisers and people who cannot control themselves.The funniest thing about players of MMORPG games? Just call them a noob and most will respond with every insult from the book and insults to your entire family tree :)

James2K7 have you tried playing it?The thing is, people like to talk about what they're interested in! Don't hate on him for it, just be like hey man, I don't play WoW, not into it. He'll probably leave ya alone about it after that. I'm sure he has something else to talk about!

I like to play Counter-Strike and GunZ, but I for some reason neither of them have gotten me addicted to either. I get sick of playing them after three hours max. It's fine for them to talk about the game a little bit, but not often, because chances are people will not know what they are talking about and it will just be annoying.

Oh my goodness, I couldn't agree more!It makes me want to shoot myself in the foot when those little n00bs go on the shoutbox asking, "Does anybody know where i can get [insert your runescape item here]?" So I reply, "Does anybody know where [insert n00b's name here] can find somebody WHO ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT THEIR RETARDED GAME?" The only thing that bothers me more than compulsive gamers is compulsive naruto fans. Am I saying gamers and naruto are bad? Absolutely not. It's their blagging that drives my up the wall.

Simply like this: people shouldn't talk to others about what they aren't interested. That means, to me, I don't want to hear about the latest bands, celebrities, how much life stinks because no one will buy you a new mercedes, or new forms of illegal drugs. I'd rather watch the news. If I talk about something too much, I'd rather have them tell me in a polite way than rant somewhere else. (Not pointing to anyone here - I have a neighbor that does that. She rants to person A about what person B did and back and forth. Also, my mother has a friend that only talks about celebrity gossip, which is a lie most of the time, and wont learn anything else. She even gets mad when the conversation goes scientific for the benefit of the other 3 people in the conversation. [so in a way, I know how you feel, but don't think all gamers do this and that others aren't capable of the same with other subjects.])

I dunno... I think some people get waaay too obsessed with MMORPG's, I have some friends who are, but we can talk about other stuff. What annoys me a bit but moreso I just find really dumb is when they talk about it with other people who play whatever a lot, as in, it's all they ever talk about. Not only is it annoying, but I think it's so dumb that you can't talk about anything else with your friends. Get a life!

I dont know where I stand on this to be honest....I myself am addicted to Lineage 2 and Legend of Mir 3 but I dont go talking about it 24/7 or go to a internet cafe to play it, but i do play them a lot....If someone cant stop talking about it then yes he has issues but there his issues and he needs to deal with them and these nothing you can do about it...the more you tell them to get a life etc...the more they do it just to annoy you....Take this for an example.....In Lineage 2 im on my character, and got this noob spamming chat with i need money pls give me, you say no go away then they abuse you and just keep asking you....like i say the more you gt on at them the more they do it, and the mroe hassle you get...the best thing is to let them do it, once they realise you aint listening they will get bored :D

I'll admit it, I'm a World of Warcraft/used to be Guild Wars addict.....No, I dont think that people should stop talking about it to other people that don't play their game , what if they want to get that person to start playing? They'd want to tell them all the awesome things about World of Warcaft, Guild Wars, etc.....Why should it matter if they waste all their life playing these meaningless games? It's not your life now is it? I admit, I play atleast 4 or 5+ hours a day and I'm proud of it. I have friends that don't play wow and I have friends that do. I don't talk about it all the time, just whenever I feel like talking about it. Usually I talk about Guitar Hero 2, Halo 2, and a few other games that I like to play that arent MMORPGS. As I stated above, I'd say I was addicted, but I'm not addicted enough to go to a Internet Cafe to play it..... and thats all of my rambling :D ....... and on a good/offtopic note....I haven't played WoW in three days, GO ME!!! :P