xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kraizii88z

Communicate With Your Inner Self expand on your normal breath/meditation work

This is such a nice meditation and a great way to expand on your normal breath/meditation work.

Raviana.com is a site for the yoga teachers Ravi Singh and Ana Brett.

COMMUNICATE W/ YOUR INNER SELF

Astrologically speaking, Mercury is in retrograde until November 17th. Simply put, this means that communication and the best laid plans will probably go awry. Confirm appointments. Give yourself extra time to be on time. Double check your work. Seek clarity in every situation. Conversely, this time also affords us an opportunity to resolve the unfinished business of the past to move forward. And what better way to enhance communication than to work on the most important relationship of all, the one with your inner self.

Sit w/a straight spine. Your gaze is up and in towards the brow. Inhale in 15 equal parts through the nose (3 groups of four and one group of three to keep count). With each breath think the sound SA. Exhale in 15 equal parts thru the nose. With each breath out think the sound TA.Inhale in 15 equal parts through the nose . With each breath in, think the sound NA. Exhale in 15 equal parts through the nose. With each breath out think the sound MA.

Begin w/three minutes of practice and add a minute a day until you can do 31 min. As you do this technique, listen to the sounds inside. Try to be cognizant of the part of you which is enraptured by this subtle symphony. SA-TA-NA-MA contains the music that the Universe dances to. This mantra brings balance on all levels. This breath and mantra are a means to communicate to your Inner Self in a language it rejoices in. This meditation activates the central nerve channel in the spine and coordinates the 10 areas of the brain for effective living. When you have completed the breathing segment of this meditation, simply sit in joyfulness and feel the presence of your inner or guiding Self. When we pay attention to our inner Self we are rewarded by access to unbounded love and joy. Sublime states are not only the exclusive domain of the saints, they are the birthright of every human. As you meditate, bask in waves of feeling emanating from the beautiful source of you.

:) Beautiful.

That exercise sounds very relaxing, I love that it focuses on the "beauty" of "you." Yoga and meditation have always impressed me like that. Reading that exercise makes me want to try it, but every experience I've had with meditation and yoga hasn't been extremely rewarding. Thinking about it sounds awesome, but I think I get distracted easily by thoughts and have a hard time just sitting there and being silent.I find pilates is another useful method of relaxation, especially some of the stretching moves. It is similar to yoga, but a little more active, which is good for me since I have that whole can't-sit-still problem.I suppose yoga and meditation is a practice makes perfect sort of thing. I really should get in the habit of meditating more often. I'll be sure to try this exercise, so thanks for posting it! :lol:

i've seen on tv before that the best way (or make that the proper way) is by breathing like a baby. you have to breathe in and let your chest expand. you know you're doing it right if your stomach expands while you're breathing. it's more like breathing deeply so your body gets a lot of oxygen in your lungs. most people tend to forget that that's why they tend to get exhausted easily.you could also use this kind of breathing technique in your meditation practice. you can integrate it so the longer you use it, the more your body gets accustomed to the technique. it's like letting your mind memorize it while you're on your meditation.

it's more like breathing deeply so your body gets a lot of oxygen in your lungs.

I'm not too sure about meditation techniques that require breathing in large amounts of air. Oxygen tends to make me light-headed, effectively making me lose my focus. Did I mention that pure oxygen does make an average person feel light-headed as well? :lol:

i totaly agree. i wpnder if that might acually cuse you to halucinate. maybe thats why all these people meditate and then have premonitions. they are not crazy they have had just a little too much air. idk just a thought

I do the following everyday :-

I start with Nervous system cleaning (nadhi shodhan - Sanskrit) :-

1. Breathe in from Left Nostril holding the right.

2. Then Breathe out from Right holding the Left.

3. Then Breathe IN from Right (continue) holding the Left.

4. Then Breathe OUT from left holding the right. (back to Step1) (This completes one cycle)

I do the above 9 times.

Then the following by sitting in Vajrasan:-

Breathe in till 4.

Hold the breath till 4

Release till 6.

Hold for 2.

(22 Times)

VAJARASANA

Posted Image

The Breathing exercises which we read MUST be done under supervision of an expert or a teacher.

Usually, I would recommend users to RECORD an audio with your own counting according to your capacity and follow it. Put 100% concentration with all your interest and heart into it so that you do not make mistakes.

Some key points :-

1. No part of your body should be strained.

2. Breathing should be RELAXED.

3. Your mental state should not be disturbed while doing it.

4. If at any point you feel tired, stop after you finish that round and lie down like a dead corpse and meditate for some time to rejuvenate your body.

Pranayama - The science of Breathing says that, Prana (Life force OR Breath) is a Very dangerous tool because our human body depends on it directly. And hence, this science is not a tool for play. Its like fire, if used correctly, it can create WONDERS else.. exactly.

1. Breathe in from Left Nostril holding the right.2. Then Breathe out from Right holding the Left.
3. Then Breathe IN from Right (continue) holding the Left.
4. Then Breathe OUT from left holding the right. (back to Step1) (This completes one cycle)

very fun, will do next time i'm bored in the classroom :)

I donwloaded a set of Osho 112 meditation techniques mp3 but I havent listened to it all, in one of them he advised you to just let go control of your body, make it hang relaxed like you were dead. Never could accomplish that. On another sound piece he said that when you get to the climax of inhaling- lungs full, and exaling- lungs empty, you are dead O_0 I tried paying attention to my breathing a few times and i did feel a sensation of void in the first time i did it, but never again. Perhaps Osho hypnotized me on that day and I should listen to his recording again to get the same effect :)