xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
slushpuppy

Prince Harry's Deployment To Iraq

Prince Harry deployment Iraq was blocked by the ministry of defense(?) although past royals have served in the army and fought battles. The reason being that the Iraqi insurgents have formulated plans to capture Harry and they may use him against the British government or other government of the multinational force in Iraq also, Harry may put his unit in danger. I believe that harry should not be sent to Iraq not because of his life but the lives he is going to endanger, what are your opinions?

Well I must agree.Harry said that he would hat to be responsible for the death of his boys. That he couldn't live with himself. It's a good thing they found the plans aand foiled it before he got deployed. Go Brits!!!

All I have to say this is hte smartest thing anyone has done about this war so far, I been keeping tads on this since it was first announce late last year. Of course you can say the media did the right thing by just mentioning the fact a member of the royal family was going to Iraq especially as a tank commander in the front lines. Who knows what could have happen if Harry would have been taken hostage? Of course when your a royal, famous, rich and wealthy and with the right connections you don't have to worry about such things, however, I would say Harry was sincere about not being able to go war and fight amongst his fellow soldiers.

The guy's admirable for wanting to go. He didn't try to worm his way out of his commitment or anything like that.But still. It's a huge security risk to send a highly-recognizable, super-important guy into the middle of a war zone. Especially when the enemy refuses to just shoot you dead (opting instead to take people captive and, after several rounds of torture, behead them on camera).I'm sure that Prince Harry can still serve in the military - just not on the front line (or whatever passes for a front line in the urban war zone environment).

The guy's admirable for wanting to go. He didn't try to worm his way out of his commitment or anything like that.
But still. It's a huge security risk to send a highly-recognizable, super-important guy into the middle of a war zone. Especially when the enemy refuses to just shoot you dead (opting instead to take people captive and, after several rounds of torture, behead them on camera).

I'm sure that Prince Harry can still serve in the military - just not on the front line (or whatever passes for a front line in the urban war zone environment).

Pretty much recently, when the UN Korean chief visited Iraq and was meeting the Prime minister in the "green" zone, a bomb still went off on the building adjacent to the building where they were meeting in. Number of times, terrorist managed to attack fortified areas, "safe zone", of the Americans so I believe in Iraq, no where is safe.
Edited by slushpuppy (see edit history)

I have mixed feelings. One thing i am not mixed about however, is my respect for someone like him saying he is willing to go to war. That takes courage (takes courage for anyone, regardless of their political/social status but someone in his shoes, that is very admirable). I think it'd be good to send him in, since what makes him any different to go to war? but a point was brought up about how the 'enemy' could use him going to iraq against the british. But i mean, why is it that people would be so concerned about saving his life, when theres others who go in, and no one seems to be in a hurry to get them out when they are in trouble (if that makes sense?). I hate how the world today values certain peoples lives over others, it isn't fair.

Prince Harry deployment Iraq was blocked by the ministry of defense(?) although past royals have served in the army and fought battles. The reason being that the Iraqi insurgents have formulated plans to capture Harry and they may use him against the British government or other government of the multinational force in Iraq also, Harry may put his unit in danger.

I believe that harry should not be sent to Iraq not because of his life but the lives he is going to endanger, what are your opinions?

- He would attract attention of the media and put his fellow soldiers in greater danger.

- He would be a fat prize for terrorists.

- Let us think reality. We all see what secrecy and security was taken when Blair , Bush or any secretary or minister make very short visit to Iraq.

- Imagine the disaster if Harry is captured and held for ransom, or executed. I remember in Suez Canal Crisis and the triple aggresion on Egypt [britain,France and Israel]. One of the Royal family in low degree was abducted. But the Egyptian Resistance was Legal and play with the rules. But Harry is in the third in the British Thorn and the enemies is not playing with the rules. So why the risk.

- It is not matter of equity.. How many parentage of the British military personel are serving in Iraq?Then why Harry who will put burden on the army and not give any benefit.

- In Chess, the prince and king are usually the last in line. He is not ordinary solider but ceremonial soldier.

I think that is a cool thing for him do it really shows his dedication to his country,now back home I doubt anyone from our high command will be trying to join the military and go on the front line. I tried to join but I guess with my previous criminal charges I was denied enlistment. I was confused about that though because they were only juvenile charges and they were for fighting when I was in school. I guess any back to back charges are recognized as red flags. All I can say is congrats Prince Harry have fun and good luck

first of all harry knew from the beginning he wasn't gonna be able to go,soldier or no soldier he doesn't belong there, its like sending a mini bush over, there he would be targeted 200% sure,i think its just a media stunt, to make him look good, and brave !!!

When i saw this in the newspaper a few months back now i think, I was actually outraged. He is a trained soldier just like all our Lads out in Iraq, The guys he would have been commanding would not have been in anymore danger if the MoD would never have raised this issue into public focus. Harry was let down by the MOD and The government for making his posting so much in the limelight.If you were a royal and wanted to join those you have trained with in Iraq, you get all ready to go and then your told a week before your due to depart, Oh harry you wont be in the frontline, you shall have a deskjob. What is the point in even joining? Hew will never have to use his training. He should either be allowed to go and serve with his lads or not be allowed at all and stay in the UK. A desk job is possibly even more dangerous than being out in the field with all those mortar attacks on British Bases in Iraq.