xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

High Speed Satellite Internet

High speed satellite Internet

As you know there are many ways you can connect to the Internet, such as dialup, cable, ADSL, wireless. One of these ways is Satellite Internet. This way is useful for people that need high speed Internet. To connect to the Internet through satellite internet you need following requirements:

1- DVB device: DVB device is a computer hardware that connected to computer through USB or plugged into a PCI slot of your computer.

2- Satellite equipments such as Dish (Antenna), LNB (Low Noise Block Converter) and Coaxial cables between dish and modem.

3- A dialup connection to ISP (Internet Service Provider).

Your will send data to ISP through phone line and you will receive data through DVB device.

There are many Internet Service Provider, offers High speed satellite Internet services. Famous Internet Service Provider offers their services at below satellites:

Atlantic Bird 1 at 12,5 degree west

Eutelsat W3A at 7 degree east

Astra satellite at 19.2 degree east

Eutelsat W6 at 21.5 at 7 degree east

EUROBIRD™ 3 at 33 degree east

Helassat at 39 degree east

Turksat at 42 degree east

Most famous DVB Devices are below:

Broadlogic 1030, 2030, 2035 (USB(

Technisat Sky2PC

Hauppauge Win Nova-s PCI

Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA USB

Sky2PC USB

TwinHan pci

Here is Skystar pci dvb device:

Posted Image

Actually, the phone line is not always required. My dish doesn't use one (don't even have a land line in the house anymore, actually).It's expensive considering that the connection is at the low end of the high-speed spectrum. We pay about 60 bucks per month for that connection, but we're fortunate to have signed the contract during a sweet deal - unlimited bandwidth for the duration of the contract. Otherwise, we'd be paying more every month in charges because we have two computers and somebody is almost always on the Internet (seven people live here).However: this beats the snot out of dialup, which is the only other option available to us right now. We live in the middle of nowhere. Our telephone lines are still party lines, they're so old. We can't get cable TV service, either, because the lines just don't come out this far - and probably won't for quite some time.So: Satellite Internet isn't the best deal out there. If you have another choice, I would recommend finding some other high-speed connection. The others are cheaper and, in many cases, more reliable. :)

So what about DSL? Is there a reason why in your case you went with the satellite instead of DSL? I suppose if you are really out in the sticks then there may not be a DSL hub close enough. I have a DSL connection and I'm so happy with it I can't think about the money wasted on Bell and Videotron because it makes me mad to know how badly they are ripping people off. A lot of folks are probably laughing at Bell now saying "serves you right". So now I get a full 5Mb/s with no caps or limits of any kind. My DSL modem is nice with wireless ability, ethernet hub, USB connection, DHCP server, firewall, 2 VOIP ports and one POTS in case you want to keep your regular land line. Some people keep the land line just so they can call 911 in time of power outs. Once I got it up :P I was off and running around the net finding free movie sites to get my fix of TV and movies. Man, Bill Gates was right when he said "we will laugh at what we had" (talking about broadcast media). Can't understand until you actually experience streaming media in high quality with no DOGS or branding in the corners of your screen, no commercials, pause anytime... Now sure there are some websites that you need to be careful what you allow on your computer. For example stage6 divx allows you to create a custom version of the player so you can embed your branding, (knobs - everyone should boycott DIVX period and send a message loud and clear, ADVERTISERS STAY AWAY FROM INTERNET MEDIA). So, anyway for those of you still reading, beware of any TV or movie or video of any kind that asks you to install something in order to play the media. Malware is being compiled into these viewers and because it is built into the website as an active X object it is not scanned for trojans and as soon as you click OK or INSTALL you are asking for trouble. Firewalls don't help either because you have invited the trojan to live in your PC by asking for the player to install. I pass this warning to the sites I use so that maybe someday someone will create some kind of buffer system where posted links and movies etc. can be fully checked for trojans. Users should have to be screened somehow before being allowed to post in a streaming media site or any video, TV or movie site.

Huwai VWireless is best there speed 230kbps otherwise DSLHigh Speed Satellite Internet

I think Huwai V Wireless is Best for which area that nothing reach DSL line or other comm. System

-reply by Asghar Shah

Dear Sir , I live in a backward area of Pakistan, here are no service of any broadband or land line internet service. I want to create my own internet connection through settlite or any... Sir if you have any suggestions about my problem please help me and tell me about the total cost of devices, and who devices we required.Thank you