xisto Community
truefusion

Windows Vista Aero Vs Linux Ubuntu Beryl

Hello!
I think that some of you might kill me, but I prefer Vista than Ubuntu!
Vista is,in my opinion, better than Linux, I know that it has some mistakes but everything has mistakes, so sorry for the Linux ppl but that's what I think, but to be honest, I have Ubuntu in my other PC. :P

Hi jlrr94,

I would not kill you, as each person have a different needs. In the other hands, each OS is better at certain areas so an operating system which fulfill your needs the best does not have to fulfill mine the best. I usually recommend people who ask me for the best OS to use to read a comparison between the two like the one found at Vista vs Ubuntu and find out for them selves what fit them better.

I hope this was useful to everyone.

thats pretty slick, I like the cube effect and vanishing effect of windows there. At the end of that video LOL Microsoft classic. err trademark!oh by the way can you load that cude effect on other distribution of linux? whats required etc, sorry I'm a linux noob

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

oh by the way can you load that cude effect on other distribution of linux? whats required etc, sorry I'm a linux noob

You can install Beryl, Compiz or Compiz-fusion on any distro, you just need the Linux drivers for your graphics card to be installed. And a decent graphics card should suffice. I'm currently running Compiz-fusion on Kubuntu 7.10—loving the eye-candy and effects. My graphics card is a 8600GT Nvidia card. When i loaded up Kubuntu, a little pop-up appeared saying if i wanted to install the Linux Nvidia drivers for it. After updating the system and restarting, i installed Compiz-fusion with Emerald, and am enjoying the fire effect when i close the windows. :P

Maybe you won't believe me, but exactly this video and 2-3 other made me want to try Ubuntu (note try) and to dual-boot it with XP.

Something went wrong with my laptop during the procedure and the disk was already formatted (I backed up everything important before that :P) and I thought: 'what the hell — lets go with this' and now I love Linux and I praise that day when I saw that video.

I totally despise Vista too. :P