xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zak92

Chocolate Turning Haraam.

Some of the UK's best-selling chocolate bars, such as Mars and Twix, will no longer be suitable for vegetarians.

Also affecting brands such as Snickers and Maltesers, owner Masterfoods said it had started to use animal product rennet to make its chocolate products.

For more information read the following BBC article (14/05/07) http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6653175.stm

Please forward this on

Thanks

Not to sound ignorant (though I won't hide the fact I more than likely am) it doesn't affect me too much. I'll tell a girl I know who's a veggie, but I'll keep on eating them. It's natural. Maybe not how animals are caged, but eating them is, so...meh :)

Well, we don't really get them so easily here in India so it won't really affect many as most of Indians are veggies.I am not a strict vegetarian myself so when I do get them (it's not impossible, there are a few shops) I won't mind eating them. :)But this will surely disappoint some veggie Masterfoods fans!

yah, zak you are right some of Brands should be ignored, i have heared some new about that chocolate. So you should avoid that brands espesialy from Uk. ( only for safty of Health)