xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
galexcd

Off To College

Its my last 2 weeks of hihgschool. :unsure: *gulp*Ok, i know the whole class of 2007 is going through the same kind of nervousness, but i think for me it's kind of different.For probably the last 2 and a half years, high-school has just become extremely boring, and I really started to hate it. I couldn't wait to get out, and off to new things, but now that it's about to happen, I sometimes find myself wanting more time. I'm torn because right now I can't wait till I get out of this place, but I also realize that I will probably loose many of my friends, especially the ones going off to the east coast. I haven't talked to ANYBODY who went to my middle/elementary school, except the ones who went to the same high-school as me. As much as I hated it I actually don't want it to end, and that really shocked me at first. Heh, i guess it's kind of strange...

I know how you feel. I don't graduate till next year, but I would still like just one more year. When my year graduates almost none of my friends are going to the same college as me and even my best friend is moving north. I'm going to miss highschool when I graduate, but hopefully I can still hang out with my friends some time.

When i finished school i went to college. Now i've nearly finished my first year at college and i have to say, i do miss some parts of school.Its true, you do miss friends and you will occassionally see people from school around but you will make new friends at college.I even got a girlfriend on the second day of college lol (still going out with her, 1 year on). Anyway the point is, life goes on, you'll lose touch with some friends but gain some new friends.

I thought exactly the same thing when I knew high school was about to end. High school in itself to me wasn't the greatest part of my life but I have had many many memories there. From food fights, drama, and all that stuff. My last year of high school I wished it would be over quick so I can move on to what's ahead in life for me but as it got closer to graduation and the last day of classes I wished it would slow down a little more. I was in the this emotional mode where I didn't want my friends to go and lose contact. Summer came by some of us lost contact or never tried. I just move on now and know that friends come and go. No matter how great of friends yall have become. People have to go on with their life. I'm also done with my first year of college. I've made some friends here and there. Congratulations class of 2007.

Yeah that we old people call the school system buffer zone and real life meaning, you have nothing to worry about till after you graduate high school and you have to live on your own and work out the problems yourself and with little support. Like rent an apartment, paying 20-30 bills a month. feeding yourself and what not. But don't stress yourself out to much, the real world comes crashing down rather quickly and so you have to set your priorities for everything like how to decide something like spending $200 for beer or $200 for food gas and the phone bill.

i just graduated high school a week ago and i am completely FREAKING out. people keep asking me what i am going to do with my life where i am going to college and what i want to study for and seriously i have no earthly idea. i was not prepared for all the pressure. i dont know what i want to be so i give everyone a random answer to get them to leave me alone. it still hasn't hit me that i am no longer going to be a high school student. i feel like its just another summer and i will be going back in the fall. i am also so scared of growning up. i dont want to. i want to stay in the comfort of my parents home, haaving fun with my friends, and spend time with my boyfirnd but it is time for responsibility and i am sooo afriad but its coming towards me faster and faster. when i think back i wish i could have done so much better in high school like joining more clubs and getting the grades i knew i could of. but now there is a new chapter of our lives opening up you know that old saying:"when a doors closes a window opens"so jump out with all the courage you have because its better to jump into the unknown then being stuck in the same room for the rest of our lives. also never let anyone tell you you can't do something. i know i am going in to emotionally mode even though it still hasn't hit me. i was sitting through my graduation and it was so surreal. i felt like we were just acting out a play. it never hit me that i really wasn't going to see all these people i know again because we were all going our different ways and it scared me. but all i did was think that i will see them all at school in august. to this day i still feel that everything is going to be the same but i m part of the "real world" now and its freaking me out what if i am not good enough of a citizen.. i am always scared of failing and what if i do. all you need to know is dont be lazy or scared like me it gets you no where at all.. i really wish i could do my high school years all over.

i totally know how you feel. i just graduated from college and i had the same feeling when everything ended. it all ended suddenly that's why i didn't have enough time to absorb everything. it just kicked in when we're already walking up the stage to get our diplomas. college had more impact on me compared to highschool. and even though most of my real batchmates graduated a year before me, i still had some great experiences with those of the lower batches and some of my remaining real batchmates.

I know how you feel, there were parts of high school that were ok sometimes but towards the end it did kind of get boring, really the only thing that kept me going right until the end was actually mainly my teachers :) and my mates of course.Today, I did my last GCSE exam so you could say I have officially left school :) I already have a place in a college which starts in september, its right in the heart of the city centre almost so it should be a buzz. Already college is showing signs of been a lot more interesting than high school.Let me know how you get on with college in the future.Chris.