xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
getwell

The Bbc

Are they guilty of dumbing down or not? Are we getting value for money for the license fee? What about the threat of job losses that was reported last week?Personally I love the Beeb, and think their New Media section is FANTASTIC, at the same time I do think they are dumbing down a lot now.Bring back Patrick Moore!

I tend to not get "involved" with TV things any more. Personally, I think the Beeb are, have been, and always will be the best. They put British things on, for Brits, and which we enjoy. But, I imagine our neighbours across the pond wouldn't have the same opinion, as their sense of humour isn't quite as dry :D

I'm with you on that one. I think the bbc are pretty good and their website is amazing. you could litrally spend days on their and get lost!!Also, next year they are bring out new features on their site. One of which will allow you to actually download their programmes and then forward them onto other users if you so wish, all legally. Pretty damn cool.I reckon its a bit of a shame that old greg *person* had to go. he seemed kinda cool if you ask me

BBC it?s the best television channel EVER, undoubtely. So it?s sad that things don?t go economically well. :lol: I?m not english and don?t see it often (only some of their documentarys in other channels) so don?t know what is exactly the problem, but I hope it recovers without changing that quality line.

Come to think of it, when I was in Canada last December, I heard that BBC Canada will start. Since I'm in Japan (and hence not able to watch it), I'd like to hear from those of you who have started to watch it - whether it be occasionally or frequently. So..is BBC Canada good?

Surely that defeats the point of the British Broadcasting Corp if they're in Canada. It should be the CBC, and I'm not sure if Canadians would appreciate all the British programmes, but maybe im wrong?