xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BobbyDee

What Is The Best Way To Get Rid Of Gophers?

Here's a pretty cheap solution. My neighbor fills some empty milk cartons with water, the plastic, half-gallon ones, and puts them around her garden. Like someone previously mentioned, it causes vibrations in the ground, so when the critters are tunneling away, they get scared. It's less exercise than jumping and it works when you're not there. :D

What is the best way to get rid of gophers? I tried flooding them out but it didn't work. Should I go with poisons, traps, gum, gas, or any other ideas?

I don't know the movie that I watched or the exact quote of what I am passing on, so I am just paraphrasing here, but, it was amusing just the same.
Every day for six days, take a boiled egg and a piece of cake out to the gopher hole. Stuff the egg down first and then the cake. On the seventh day, after you put the egg in the hole, forget the cake, just leave it out - but be waiting. After the gopher has eaten the egg and pops his head out wondering where the cake is - WHACK IT!!!

what I used to do was to put some lyme around there holes. if that don't work Pull a Cattyshack, Get some C 4 and Bill Murry to take him out :P