xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

First Car In 3ds Max

wow that is a really good start are you using a tutuorial to make the nissan? i have been trying to model cars in cinema but i have not gotten to it cause i have school so i have been putting it off. I have been doing 3d abstracts but i think that making a 3d car will be a challenge cant wait to see the updated version of the car.

Nice job,I have been using Gtk Radiant and i used a patch mesh to make a hood and couldn't get the fenders right so i just gave up.I downloaded Milkshape but i hear that I would be wasting my time using it because 3ds Max is different and is the industry standard.Where is the tutorial for the car?

The car looks great so far. I would like to see what it looks like as you complete it further. I have a little bit of experience with 3d max, thanks for posting the link to the tutorial! I cant really say anything more about the screen shots at the moment, so keep us updated.

I've been using Blender, a free 3D animation program if you haven't heard of it, and I haven't been able to do anything as good as that so far. It's just as good as anything else, but it takes up a lot of memory and it's kind of slow, and if you have a bad graphics card it goes even slower.(Google "Elephants Dream" to see an example of what it can do.(All free software.))But I was just wondering how long those renders took, and if you're going to make an actual animation of it, or is it just going to be a model. On my computer, I have almost 3GHz, 1.5Gigs of RAM, and a pretty good graphics card, and it still takes like 10-30 minutes to render 30 seconds of animation (somewhere around there) with no textures and just the global lighting with YafRay.I just wanted to know if 3ds Max's renderer was that much better than the free one that comes with Blender.

Edited by hippiman (see edit history)

Greetingsit took me alot of time to get as far as i ami started whit max 2 years ago then afster 1 week i stopped.it was to hard for me to understad :unsure:two weeks ago i started again iand i saw some 3d max tutorials and i strated making the Nissan350 Z model.and i dot thing i'm going to make an animation of it,i dont know notting about animation but i can give it a try :Dand i dont know how long it will take if you render an animation whit 3d mamx..i will post some test renders of the nissan 350 Z when i'm done whit it :(

Hi , I started with 3ds max 8 months ago . So its very very good program :-) but I need to know a lot of things , I don't know more more things , please give me good ideas for I can keep good ideas . You know I working on max about 4or 5 hours for just do some thing but I don't know to do .Thanks

-reply by mohamed Elsayed