xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

If There Is No God Or Other Divine Being...

I realize this is a somewhat old topic, but as an Atheist I am here with my opinion. If you are going to make the argument that God had to have start the Big Bang because there is no other explanation for the origin of the dense matter, then using the same logic I have to ask you [1]who created God if there is one? [2]If God has always been there then why couldn't the dense matter have always been there? [3]If you are assuming the Big Bang had to have been created why is God exempt from this?

[1]God is not subject to this dimension of time, for He created it. God, also, cannot have the title "creation" attributed to Him, for He bears the title "Creator". It's illogical to attribute "creation" to "creator." And it's illogical to say that the Creator is subject to His own creation. To say such is to consider God a human—of which He isn't.

[2]Refer to number 1, and because this dense matter is subject to the same dimension of time that we are. And everything that is subject to it has had a beginning.

[3]Because the Big Bang have had to have been created according to the laws of Thermodynamics. It is purely logical to think that God is the source of all energy, matter, life, etc, for from where else could it have come from? As i see it, the laws of Thermodynamics give way for the case of God. Also, refer to number 1.

The creator has the ability to create things from nothing, because he has that ability he doesn't need another being to bring him into existance, because if he is in need of another being to bring him into existance then he can't have the ability to create things from nothing.

So your counter argument is that God cannot be created because he is the creator? Why though? Why is he the creator and not you or me? He just is? Then why can't the Big Bang just be? Because it obeys the laws of thermodynamics? Why can't those just be? What is the need for a creator for everything to make sense?

This is getting interesting. Heres my story, I've never believed in god, well not everyone else's god. Most of it never made any sense to me so I never believed any of the stories I hear about god. What most of the stories I hear about god is that he's focused on us humans only, this I find it hard to believe since the universe is so infinite and we just happen to be the lucky species to be made in his image. I mean out of all the other species out there we are made in the image of god or at-least suppose to be with all this good qualities. Heres another theory say there is a god and then one of his creations created us just as some experiment. I know its crazy but if its a possibility. There is suns billions times bigger then our own out there (I've seen on a scale), Im not sure how scientist worked that out so on the scale of things we are like the tiniest of everything. So we are not directly linked on the real god and just a creation of his creation does this mean we aren't going to be saved? If we were directly created from god I cant imagine how far from perfect we are as human beings, so being created from a lesser god might seem more believable. What does seem to make sense now to me now or at-least this instance is yeah the universe has to be infinite and there has to be a higher power to have created it (God or A God). I cant imagine infinite being created out of nothing.

This is getting interesting. Heres my story, I've never believed in god, well not everyone else's god. Most of it never made any sense to me so I never believed any of the stories I hear about god. What most of the stories I hear about god is that he's focused on us humans only, this I find it hard to believe since the universe is so infinite and we just happen to be the lucky species to be made in his image. I mean out of all the other species out there we are made in the image of god or at-least suppose to be with all this good qualities.
Heres another theory say there is a god and then one of his creations created us just as some experiment. I know its crazy but if its a possibility. There is suns billions times bigger then our own out there (I've seen on a scale), Im not sure how scientist worked that out so on the scale of things we are like the tiniest of everything. So we are not directly linked on the real god and just a creation of his creation does this mean we aren't going to be saved? If we were directly created from god I cant imagine how far from perfect we are as human beings, so being created from a lesser god might seem more believable.

What does seem to make sense now to me now or at-least this instance is yeah the universe has to be infinite and there has to be a higher power to have created it (God or A God). I cant imagine infinite being created out of nothing.

Interesting, isn't this the basis of certain Pagan religions? I went to church for a large portion of my life as it was the only thing I knew. However, I became an explicit Atheist soon after my childhood when I "began to think for myself". My aforementioned reasons for choosing not to believe in God caused me to question religion in many ways. I mean, there have been thousands of religions in the world since the evolution of man. However, what assures you your religion is the right one? Why is your religion the one you believe in? Often times people respond "My parents...", and I think that this is an interesting concept. Firm believers in their respective religions often times were led to their churches by other people, they didn't choose to believe in whatever it is they are firm believers of.

Well another thing is we dont know for sure the univerise is infinite right? I mean we have no proof and its beyond our abilities to even try and find out. We just all assume to believe its infinite because we cant travel and see for our selves and it does make sense to think its infinite. Remember voltron when they travel to the end of the universe? Its a long time ago and I forget what happens after that.

So your counter argument is that God cannot be created because he is the creator? Why though? Why is he the creator and not you or me? He just is? Then why can't the Big Bang just be? Because it obeys the laws of thermodynamics? Why can't those just be? What is the need for a creator for everything to make sense?

Because without, one makes no sense; just like your questions. Why can't God be created just because He's Creator? I've already mentioned the reason in my post. You can't attribute "creation" to "Creator"—it's illogical. It is just as illogical to attribute "Creator" to "creation," for creation does not create, they manipulate. The Big Bang does not obey the laws of Thermodynamics—and the only way for it to obey it is to have a Creator that has caused it to happen. The Big Bang cannot just be, for you'd have to provide a reason for why it is. By claiming that it is "accidental"—not to say that it was actually accidental—you give way to the case of God. For in order for so-called "accidents" to happen, there must have been something before it for it to have caused this so-called "accident" into existence. And to answer your final question, you can see why the need for a Creator to make sense of everything is so necessary. It truly amazes me on how hundreds of scientists deny God—when they're supposed to examine everything through the laws of Science. As it is said, there is no excuse for disbelieving, for God has made everything known through His creation.