xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
robocz033

Printer Sharing

i have been trying to share a printer for a long time. my setup goes:modem-->router-->office comp, radio room comp, wireless router-->my computer-->wireless laptopis there a way i can set up a vpn, with hamachi maybe? or set up some sort of network so i can print from any of those computers. by the way, the printer is on the office computer.and i have trouble opening ports in my wireless router, mainly for hosting private servers for moparscape. i can use hamachi for it, but cant us http://www.noip.com/ 's no-ip duc. i make exceptions in the firewalls (windows firewall and mcafee), then i made exception for port in router, with program name (rk.no-ip.org) but it still doesnt work. it might help to check out what the hosting is like, so i recommend going to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. then go to the tutorials section, then go to portforwarding. this works with some people, but others cant get it. maybe it has something to do with my comp, i have a dell dimension b110 running windows xp.

Networking is a royal, huge, massive pain.I hate it. Gave up, actually - even though I had a few very well-written tutorials (with screen shots and photos) to help me out.Network Magic solved the problem, though. Seriously: just install the software on all computers that you want to network and it does pretty much everything for you. You can track intruders, too, among other things. I have to buy the software to retain the printer-sharing capabilities, which is fair enough. It's only, like, 30 bucks for up to three computers, if I recall correctly.

Well you can solve your problem in several ways first one which is the easiest if your printer supports Ethernet connection then you just plug it in and then it ill download ip's and other stuff directly from the server and all users of your home network will be able to see it and check it as default printer. However if you don't have such printer then just in control panel and printers and faxes folder click with right click on your printer and tehn choose option printer preference s and make option printer sharing available in this way everyone who see your computer in the network should see this printer also.good luck if you have any porblems feel free to write here someone will find the way to solve them. You can also experiment with other options in this menu.