xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
subramanyam86

Sabayon Linux Rocks ! The best linux distribution out there

Hi guys,I find that most of the posters here love Ubuntu,but as a avid linux user from the past 2 years and having tried out many distributions,i feel sabayon linux is the most complete distro out there.It has most things required out of the box.It is also way way faster than ubuntu as it is based on gentoo and all softwares are compiled from source.It also has a great community.I hope u guys try it out

yeah sabayon is great and it does save you a lot of time as it has many softwares preinstalled. The only thing I like about ubuntu over sabayon is that you can get help more easily for ubuntu than for sabayon.

Man what is with so many distros.. I have just started downloading kubuntu and now i am hearing a new one which is supposedly better.....

:unsure: You'll always hear one that's "better". Admit it, people have different preferences. I myself like Gentoo first and MEPIS (Ubuntu derivative) next.
I prefer speed to reliability. Now others may feel differently.

I hear that it takes forever to boot, but I look forward to trying it out this weekend.