xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Spammers, Hackers Seize On Virginia Tech Shootings

Ok to me I consider the sickest form of human idiots ever, bad enough you have some people mocking the shooter but now you got people using spam and hacking computers by using the Virginia Tech shootings, This person should be found and beating for using a tragic event like this and trying to profit from it.

The spam/hack goes like this

If clicked, the link caused a computer to automatically download a malicious screensaver, called TERROR_EM_VIRGINIA.scr by Sophos, which installs a Trojan horse program that collects banking details, Cluley said.

It was also mention that 450 website have been made for VT charities of course it was obvious after 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina, scammer where making websites to score easy money especially through paypal and what, so I would say maybe at least a handful of those sites are legit by real organizations and the rest are just junk.

Although this topic is more of a vent but since it has become a security risk it should be made to even who receive emails and go to websites who are setting up charities and what not.

SOURCE

HERE

Well, in my opinion, people like this definately aren't the sickest form of idiots, they aren't even close to being as despicable as a shooter and many other people. But these people should be ashamed of themselves.Though some of the blame rests with the end user in this case... Why go to a website you've never heard of but from an email from a person you don't know and go to their website to view a video you can see at a number of news websites you can trust like CNN, FoxNews, ABC, etc. It doesn't make sense. :unsure:

Anyone who does this really deserves a good beating, by a really sharp stick. I mean can people not feel the shame in doing something like this? If someone in there family was a victim they would be the first to tell all those to stop, It sickens me that some people can be so inconsiderate and so heartless just to make a few measily ?/$.

That is probably as low as you can go. I mean begging when you have money is just lazy, but pretending to be an organization to support those that were injured or in the school and need counciling, or even like Hurrican Katrina, that's just plain wrong. These peope are lazy lowlifes that could use their computer skills to make money in a legitament way, but no they just sit on their butts and make a website for money or hack people's computers so they can steal their credit card numbers or whatever. I feel sorry for all the people that run into this, that's why you can only trust going over to the actual foundation's building like the Red Cross and giving them the money personally.