xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Unregistered 012

Sub-domains [resolved] Help

How do i edit the Sub-Domain. How do i connect to the FTP? I tried just going to the URL but that didn't work. What do i need to do to upload stuff? Also, how do i put programs that are going to be able to be downloaded on the site? Just upload the folder? If not tell me what i need to do. Thanks.

Go to your-name.trap17.com/cpanel Log in and click on File Manager to upload files, upload your files in the public_html folder.Remember to not violate copyright laws.Connect to the FTP by downloading a FTP Manager (Google for one) and then entering the url as ftp.your-site.trap17.com and your username for your site and password.When you create a sub-domain on your sub-domain of Xisto it should give you the ftp link and allow you to set up a user for that sub-domain in Cpanel.

To start off make sure to check the forums I do believe several of your questions can be answered :unsure:.Now what kind of sub domain editing you talking about? because that is very vague as to what kid of help you are looking for.For ftp you first have to find ouy ftp information in which you do the following:1. Log into your cpanel2. Click FTP Manager3. Click ftp accountsThese list all your ftp accounts that you can use, now in order to connect through ftp you need a ftp client in which I recommend smartftp or if you a firefox user fireFTP. Now in order to connect you need the following urlftp.yourdomain.trap17.com and of course your cpanel name and password. Setting this up is fairly simple, if not just follow the instructions that come with the FTP client.You don't need much to upload stuff, you can either upload through your file manager (just click on file manager in your cpanel and then public_html) or use the ftp method which is a lot quick because you can upload a lot of files in one time. To have files downloaded, do one of the following either put them in a winzip file or winrar file or use a download site like filefront to have all your downloadable files for people to download them without using any web space or bandwidth