xisto Community
blogmaster

Zend Optimizer Installed? [resolved]

Hi,

I have a new site Im working on that requires Zend Optimizer Version 3.0.0 or later as it is written on a technology encoded by Zend Guard. Since Im new here and do not yet have a hosting account there is no way for me to check through phpinfo()

I would like to know if it is installed or not. From the features page, I can see that you give Shell Access, which will make it possible for me to install it myself, but it would save me a lot of pain if it is installed already ;)

EDIT: Okay, I have been searching around. This post seems to answer my question. But can somebody please tell me the version we running here?

Edited by blogmaster (see edit history)

Hi blogmaster

Xisto does have Zend Optimizer installed as far as i know.

I can see that you give Shell Access, which will make it possible for me to install it myself, but it would save me a lot of pain if it is installed already

Xisto do not offer shell access any more due to people abusing the system. You would not be able to install Zend yourself on any hosting account with any hosting provider as its a server wide install and so has to be done under a root account as Jailed Shell will not allow it.

Most hosting providers have Zend Optimizer installed as its become an industry standard piece of software.

Had to do some looking but I found it in the PHP info page in the cpanel

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright © 1998-2006 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.29, Copyright © 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.11, Copyright © 2003-2006, by Zend Technologies
with Zend Optimizer v3.2.0, Copyright © 1998-2006, by Zend Technologies

so to answer your question zend is installed so you don't have to worry about installing it at all and believe rob is correct shell access is only restricted to admins and maybe those who have computinghhost accounts (not to sure on that one). So once you get your hosting you can install your scripts that need zend to run it.

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I?m really glad to hear that. I hope it doesn?t take long to have a hosting application approved here. I had to wait for about a month for my account to be approved elsewhere ;)

query resolved. ;) @blogmaster: it wouldn't take a month for hosting application to be approved as long as you have sufficient amount of credits, quality posts, and no grave warnings. it may take a day or two, or even just hours depending on admin availability to approve your application. ;) and make sure you don't forget our forum rules & Xisto TOS so you'd get hosted easier. hope to see you belong in the [HOSTED] group in the near future.