xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sweet_princess

Know About Any Free And Legal Music Downloads?

I have several solutions for you.

I know of http://mp3.com/ and download.com But all the other ones I know of are illegal.

You can download songs from CDs onto your computer.

And there is of course iTunes, which isn't free, but it is legal.

You can ask your friends, if they have songs you like, to download the songs from their computers onto a CD and then give the CD to you, for you to download the songs onto your computer. This is illegal though.

And you can go to AOL Music - they let you listen to some free songs and watch free music videos. If you were some computer mastermind you could figure out a way to manipulate AOL into downloading the songs that they let you listen to for free, but this of course would be: illegal. (I think.)

use a program called: SongBird

I trick I use to get around this problem is requesting CDs and music albums from my local library. Just take the CD/music album, upload the songs onto your computer, and then you're all set to go. I'm pretty sure this is legal because the CD/music album has already been purchased; and therefore, the artist has already been paid royalties. A quick question: Is it illegal to download leaked songs before they are released?