xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jlhaslip

Phpbb2.17 Mysql Problems Just this week they started

The forum has been up and running for about a year and a half. It has been through numerous server upgrades, etc, including the recent HDD change, but for some reason, just this week it started throwing this error:

Could not obtain post/user information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 145 Table './jlhaslip_phpbb2/phpbb_posts_text' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 576 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 25, 25

Line : 398

File : viewtopic.php

Any ideas? I did the mysql "repair" thing in the cpanel, but that didn't work. I do have a backup.

Should I do the restore from a backup? or is this a mysql problem that will persist? I could not find this error by number in the mysql documentation. They start at #1000, so I am lost about the error number, too.

I can't remember or not but doesn't phpbb have a repair feature like ipb does with it's DB within it's admin panel? By the looks of it I would say it's a specific file and DB so instead of doing a full restore on a back up see if you can patch the phpbb_post_text db and then upload the viewtopic.php file. Of course if the patches don't work then go with the full restore and see if it happens again.

I did do some searching although not the same DB but the response the next person gives could help out: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/=.

Indeed it did. Seems that I had a bad Database record (just one) in that table.All fixed up now, thanks to that script they provided. Funny that I didn't find it on my search for the fix. Thanks, SM.

I took a long shot and it did pay off, awesome! I assume that you used different keywords then I did? I just Google SQL Error : 145 and it was the second site it listed that gave me the post about what to do more or less ;). Although the post mentioned that it worked he didn't mention which link he used. Should be a good idea to post that smae link as well haslip so everyone who is using an old phpbb board can use it if or when a error happens.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I simply snagged the php script and followed the instructions. Seems there was one bad row in the Database and the mysql/phpadmin Repair that I had tried earlier in the week never found or fixed the problem, whereas this script did.I'll keep this Topic open in case anyone else needs the link.