xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Smack

Nfl Draft 2007

Okay so the NFL Draft is coming up (April 28th and 29th) and I was wondering who everyone thought would be the first top ten picks.For those of you who don't know, the Oakland Raiders have the first pick followed by the Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Arizona Cardinals, Washington Redskins, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Miami Dolphins, and the Houston Texans.I figure the top overall pick will be Jemarcus Russel, though there is talk that it will be Calvin Johnson, I highly doubt it because they already have a great receive in Randy Moss, though he can't do good without a quarterback to get him the ball!I believe the Detroit Lions may either trade down or take Brady Quinn because Jon Kitna isn't that great of a quarterback and he is aging. They'll regret if they pass on him, similar to the Texans mistake last year.The Browns will likely draft Adrian Peterson. I've read somewhere that Peterson says he would really like to be a Brown and that they've had several talks. Of course, they already have Jamaal Lewis so if Detroit passes on Quinn and takes Johnson, they may pick up Quinn.The Buccaneers will happily take Calvin Johnson if he lasts to this spot, but they'd also love to take Adrian Peterson. I'd put my money on Calvin Johnson though.The Cardinals need some blocking for their star Edgerrin James so I think they'll look for help on the offensive line since big 'ol Leonard Davis is gone. Look for them to take Joe Thomas as he is the top line prospect.The Redskins need help on their defensive line so they'll take either Amobe Okoye or Gaines Adams, but I'd put my money on the young Amobe Okoye.The Vikings' defensive backs need help. So look for them to take a CB or a Safety. I figure they'll go with the top Safety pick, Laron Landry.The Falcons will probably chose the pick that the Redskins skipped on which will probably be Gains Adams. If not they'll take Laron Landry if the Vikings decide to skip on him. But if the Cards skip on Joe Thomas, they'll probably pick him up to protect their NFL Icon, Mike Vick.The Dolphins need help in many places and there is talk of them looking at Jemarcus Russel, though I highly doubt he'll fall to the ninth pick. Look for them to draft Levi Brown, OT from Penn St.The tenth pick is the Texans and they'll most likely draft a WR or a CB. I figure they'll take CB Leon Hall. Though there has been a lot of talk that Mario Williams has been a let-down which may mean they'll be lookin to pick up a defensive lineman to help him.