xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Skype & P2p Users - Beware About These Following Worms

With the Skype worm it a simple process of your computer getting infected the worm grabs all the emails that your skype account has and sends a Instant message to click on this which also downloads a trojan so other malicious software can installed on that infected computer. Also a person is directed at least 8 which in the most likely case are scam sites to of course get that person's info, but so far it hasn't cost any real damage like some of the other attacks skype has seen in the past.

SOURCE
Here

As well all know everyone is in the P2P since napster and bittorrent first came out and then after that people started setting up dummy files with the works of viruses, trojans, malware and so forth. A good example of this is of course Limewire p2p and the good stories that this client brought up about all the nasty stuff. If you remember my topic about the Storm worm I mentioned a few days ago, this wrm decided to pick up p2p Id's, then with the use of botnets and Hijack computers security research believe that these attacks will become hard counter-act and could spelled trouble for the millions of P2P users across the world.

SOURCE
Here

Although nothing big has come out of P2P programs that I have been aware of but it looks like another storm is brewing for a new generation or series of attacks.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Oh! ;) I need to scan all my downloaded files now? Anyway, always download from a website you trust. Never ever download from a website that looks dodge i.e. WelCome to wedistributeViruses.com Please choose the file below and download it:1. Win32.trojanDropper@trim2. Win32.coolwwwsearchok, never go to ny of sits that you feel is dodgy, espiecially sites that have the words xxx and has a black background