xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Laurie

April 15 - Tax Day

The IRS has determined that April 15th is the deadline date for filing your taxes. Many people procrastinate until this date. I hear many people saying, 'I have got to do my taxes'. For me it is not something I need to worry about. My income is non-taxable. I don't owe them and they don't owe me so they don't even want me to file. Some peoples taxes are simple. Take the income reported on the W-2. Do some calculations to find adjusted gross income. Look in the charts to find the tax owed. Compare the amount you have paid with the amount owed and determine if what you paid is enough to cover your taxes owed. Some people have had taxes withheld from their paychecks so they don't owe anything and sometimes the government even owes them a refund. Many people depend on this refund to make some purchases they couldn't otherwise make. Companies use this expected income as a way to draw in extra customers. There are many rules and regulations regarding taxes. There are companies that provide a service of filing taxes for people who find that they don't want to do it themselves. They charge a fee but are worth it if your taxes are complicated by the things that affect your adjusted gross income. If you make or lose a bunch of money or if you itemize your deductions, 'doing your taxes' can be a large task. If you have other income than just your wages and salary, the math can be mind boggling. I have enough knowledge of filing taxes to do the simple ones that just have a couple of W-2s and no extra considerations. But for the rest, I leave them to others. Have you 'done your taxes' yet?

I claim 9 exemptions on my W-2 and I just noticed that the IRS penalized me $29 for withholding "their" money this year. I had to cut them a check for over $3200 for owed taxes a few days ago. And do you know why I do it? It's not because it's legal, it's not. And it's not because I feel that I should "do my fair share", I already pay more than my fair share of taxes and I know that the IRS is just the collection agents for the Federal Reserve, a private banking organization owned by the wealthiest families on the planet (go figure). It's because they've somehow convinced most people including judges everywhere that what they do is legal and as long as the judge is paid for, they'll come through and seize my home, cars, bank accounts, everything over $3200 -chump change in their world. The key is to avoid paying taxes at every turn. Someone once said, Tax evasion is a crime, but tax avoidance is every citizen's responsibility. It is slavery, though, to tax the earnings of a person. We're slaves to the Fed for about a quarter of our lives and we're slaves to the rest of the criminal taxationists for another quarter or more depending upon where we live and how much we earn at our jobs. Some people may only work a few months of the year for themselves. Don't kid yourselves kids: Slavery is alive and well in the world and it's no longer race specific. Unless you're a member of one of the elite families, you're a slave.

I consider myself lucky to have made less than $1000 (or whatever the limit is) this year as taxes sound like a pain in the *bottom*. I'm getting a job this year however. I'm gonna miss having to give up 33% or so percent of my income.

We get a couple of extra weeks here in Canada. April 30th is our deadline. Doesn't really make any difference in the outcome.Which reminds me... I better get to work adding all those numbers...

My Mom reminded me about paying taxes -

I remember to be grateful when I realize that having taxes to pay means I had income to spend! And I feel blessed to live in this country and to be able to support it in my own small way! - Pat Richmond

It takes a different perspective to be able to look at taxes in this way.

Think you can get away with not paying income taxes?

The Internal Revenue Service said you better think again. In a 25-page legal summary, the IRS attempts to debunk many of the most common legal arguments against paying taxes or filing returns. Some of these schemes are marketed by promoters for a fee, but taxpayers who sign up could be left holding the bag.

"Some enrich themselves at the expense of their followers, who find they have no legal ground to stand on when they follow this bad advice," an IRS statement said.

Federal courts can impose a penalty of up to $25,000 if a taxpayer's argument is deemed frivolous. The summary, "The Truth About Frivolous Tax Arguments," is available on the IRS Web site.

Notice from BuffaloHELP: