xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
slmaballx55

Dell Inspiron 1150 Hard Drive Type

Ok i just bought a dell inspiron 1150 and i dont know what kind of hard drive it has in it if it ide or ata idk those may be the same thing i was looking at this hard drive to put in it http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ but im am not sire if it is compatiable could anyone tell me if its campatiable or not. and please dont say google it or go on dell.com becasue ive done both and none of them work.

If I remember correctly all hard drives that dell supports dhould be compatible with any system either desktop or laptop. Here is a quick tutorial on how to find out what your computer actual hard drive is1. click start2> Right click My Computer3. Click properties4. Click the hardware tab5. Click on Device Manager6. Click on Disk drives and that will give you the model number but for more info do this7. right click on the hard drive and then select properties, their you can all the info about your hard drivewith that it should give you a good idea what type of hard drive you can get for your dell computer, also this will take a bit longer you can call Dell ech support and they could give you the model type of the hard drive as well.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I know that newegg.com has a way of checking for compatibility when you try to buy memory (RAM and such). I would look there to see if they also have a hard drive compatibility check.

It should use a Samsung ATA hard drive. But only a ATA drive because I misread the title into thinking that you meant an Inspiron 1501

How to erase inspiron 6000 hard-driveDell Inspiron 1150 Hard Drive Type

my dell is destroyed with viruses and crap! I just bought a new computer but I was wanting to reinstal the basics on the old one just have just because. Is there a way for me to wipe my hard-drive clean so I can start over? I tried going to best buy and they wanted around 300 to 400$...Well thats half the price of a better new computer. Let me know if you know something I could try!

-question by Spencer