xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hippiman

Mydatabus.com :d

MyDatabus.com is one of the best internet storage places I could find. They give you 5 Gigs of space for free!!! It took me a while to figure out how to be able to see it from other sites, but if you click "make public" and then "make table", it will give you an html table with links to all of the stuff you've made public. The URL is kind of long, but you could make the main URL a PHP variable or something and just add the name of the file or whatever relative to that. I got my account like a year ago, and it's always worked so far. ;)

Edited by hippiman (see edit history)

nice share, hippiman. :lol: i wonder why nobody hasn't made a reply yet to your post, with such an interesting and useful service like this. :P i may one day give it a try. the only gripe i have with it though is the recent change they had on how they serve public file downloads. i've been perusing their blog (http://mydatabus.blogspot.de/), and found that change. i do understand their move, to attract eyeballs on their site, and it's reasonable enough since it's a free service anyway. but the "old" way of "direct linking" (as they describe it) would have been better. :D anyhow, their paid PRO service is in itself affordable enough also (which allows "direct linking"), and for an annual fee not exceeding $10 for double the storage space and bigger file size limit with no advertising to boot, it's a winner. :D