xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Damen

Moving Phpbb2 Forums To This Host. I want to make sure it goes right.

I am moving my phpBB2 forums from my old host, my-php.net, to this one. I have full access to my old forums. I was wanting help on this to make sure nothing goes wrong. My forum members and I can not risk having to lose all of our current information.So what I am thinking I have to do is.Export my forums mySQL database with phpmyadmin.Import it into my database here on this host.Move the forum directory to this sites ftp account.Change the root directory in my forum settings.I know there has to be some things I have to change right? Some files or other settings? I really need to be sure of this before I go messing around.Thanks

I did this with my website, moving hosts before.Do you have cPanel? Like Xisto. If you do you can create a full cPanel backup, which will backup everything expect the SQL Db's.But you're right. Make a SQL DB backup, use phpmyadmin. Then all you have to do is re upload the phpBB files to your new host, and restore the db. And it should all be good to go.

I did this with my website, moving hosts before.
Do you have cPanel? Like Xisto. If you do you can create a full cPanel backup, which will backup everything expect the SQL Db\'s.

But you\'re right. Make a SQL DB backup, use phpmyadmin. Then all you have to do is re upload the phpBB files to your new host, and restore the db. And it should all be good to go.

Well someone PMed me a thread for exactly this.

Thanks anyways though...this other thread is really informative.

That's good. I'm glad you found something that helps. I've done this before, so if you need help feel free to PM me or IM me.