xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheWakeUpCall

Need Help Finding A Mobile Application Just a phone java player that can play AVIs

My cousin has a Nokia N71 (I think, it was N7 something) and he also had downloaded a java media player. It could play AVIs and everything, and I was wondering if anyone on here would know what it is? Because I seriously want it beacuse atm i have to convert my videos to 3GP and then i cant even pause, let alone fast forward.It must be able to work on my Sony Ericsson K750iSo if you know it please help me out.

Edited by TheWakeUpCall (see edit history)

most likely your cousin is using SmartMovie for his nokia unit to play AVIs. compatible devices for the application however does not seem to include SE mobiles though. i believe you can't play videos other than 3gp & mp4 on the k750i.

btw, why not just ask your cousin yourself what app he's running on his phone? ;) would be easier if he can just forward you the file he's using so you can test it on your unit.

yeaha it is smartmovie, i recognise the interface from when he showed it to me. Unfortunately SmartMovie requries symbian, windows mobile or palm, and mine just has Java. He obviously has one of those three. Oh well, thanks a lot.If anyone knows anything else that could work? Even if it can just play 3gp and can pause and fast forward it, that would be great to.

symbian would be it for your cousin's nokia. ;) what media player are you using now to play your 3gp/mp4 videos on your k750i? i'm not particularly familiar with your phone model, but try to open your 3gp/mp4 file in your media player (not from the file manager) and press joystick right (to fast forward) and left (to rewind). does that not work?

glad you have it all sorted out. :)

as a rep points substitute, you can add a shining commentary on my profile if you want. ;) not entirely necessary though, as your thanks here would be enough. just happy to have helped you. ;)