xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Google's Top Dogs Get Their $1 Pay Check And Then Some

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I don't know whats worse the fact they would actually do this just to show how rich they are or have nothing else better to do but to let the news paper mention this. Yeah you can flaunt your wealth any way you want but still when your making your money off the stocks alone why even bother drawing a salary for a measly $1 plus every single bonus you can think of to milk it. It makes me think that I can't wait for the stock market to crash again.

It makes me think that I can't wait for the stock market to crash again.

And throw the entire nation into another, more modern version of The Great Depression? Sorry, but I would rather watch fat cats flaunt their bucks than people jumping out of windows, starving to death and resorting to absolutely insane things just to feed their kids.

Well i like Google and the company etc so im glad they are getting a lot of money as opposed to other companies that really dont deserve it. Though it would be nice to see them put their money into charity or something, but anyway i diverge.. I told my mum this and she said you dont have to pay taxes on a bonus, thats the law in the UK at least so i wonder if its an intelligent way of avoiding ludicrously high taxes. In which case i salute them! would be nice to work for Google, though i think theyre based in the US so i guess i wouldn't have much a chance here in the UK, and thats ignoring the qualities they want in their workers.

Well I am not saying that I want it to happen, but when you think about the fact people who have low paying jobs with cheap bonuses are barely able to afford to live a descent life, it's rather disgusting to think that these guys are getting paid $1 but are super loaded in bonuses. I maybe no tax expert but I do believe they have to pay taxes off the dividens they make off their stock.

Yeh they will pay all the usually business taxes but as its a bonus its like a gift and gifts cant be taxed, at least here in the UK, so if you want pass on our worldly goods do it before you die and you will avid the tax man!I agree that the inequality is bad but then the Google guys that started Google have earned an honest trade and haven't really hurt anyone in the process so i dont have anything against them, and their services are pretty good! Though like i said it would be nice of them to put some money into charities etc.. I wouldnt expect them to put any large amount in because as i said they did earn it but what is little to the Google guys will probably be a big thing to those people so i agree in that sense. Reminds me of the Secret Millionaire thing going on in the UK on TV, a millionaire goes into a poor area and doesn't tell them, then talks to people and acts like he just moved in and lives like them, then at the end of it, finds the most deserving people and gives them a million pounds, i think that's a good thing to do considering these people have almost too much to spend. But anyway, i digress again. I still have nothing against those guys, they did earn it honestly after all and have done well for themselves and i think they sort of set an example to everyone else that is possible, its not like some people who are born rich and then get richer, most of those guys and girls probably started off as "average" earners and have done well for themselves. Though it is bad to see those who might have got to a similar position but due to disability or the places they live and the facilities around didnt get the education or the chances they needed.