xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darran

Ftp 550 - Permission Denied [resolved] When I try to delete a folder

I installed a plugin and then I removed it from the ftp, but it seems their created folder is still in my directory. When I try to remove it, I got a FTP 550 Permission denied error, how can I fix this? I believe it is causing some problems with my other plugin. Also what is the default permissions for any file? Can I set them to be a certain permission level, because I need them to be able to execute.

Here is the screenshot:

Posted Image

I can't really help you with your error message, but the default permission of a folder is 0 and a file is 644. I don't think it can be set that whenever you put a file into a specific folder it gets a default permission level, however I may be wrong - you're best bet would be to check in cPanel :lol:If files are already there in a folder just select them all and then right click and then select the option "Properties/CHMOD" or something like that, then enter the permission level you want for all of those files and then click okay/apply, all the files you have selected should be updated with that permission level.I hope I have been of some help :lol:

You should be more specific when request for your account help. Where is it exactly located, under which sub-folder?What were you exactly doing when installing this plug-in? Because the folder permission is different from what is showing. For example, it's showing as 755 but it's actually set to 777. How did this happened?Not only that your backup-d4ec9 under the same folder is experiencing the same thing.PS, please close all your connection especially your FTP while I am trying to sort this out.UPDATE:Folder in question was deleted at 12:32PM GMT-5 and resides in your Trash bin. Topic is resolved.