xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pinwillie

Hello All I am looking forward to learning something here

Hello all, I actually became a member a couple of days ago. I have been just lurking around, trying to get a feel for the place before making my first post.I live and work in Michigan. I am 41 years old. I want to learn how to build a website from scratch. I took a couple Programming courses in College, never pursued it though, now that I'm older I wish I would have!!!My interests include Computers and Programming, Games both on and off the computer, Genealogy (the search of where I come from) and many other things!!! I have an Idea for a Genealogy site unlike any other I've found on the web to date!!!This post is usually the most difficult for me, because I really don't like talking about myself that much.I found alot of areas here that I have an interest in, so I'm hoping to learn something and pass along some of the knowledge that I have to other people as well.

Welcome, Pinwillie. Have a look around, throw a posting in where ever you would like to contribute.Lots of Coders hanging around. Check out the Tutorial Section, post any questions about your html and CSS in the appropriate section of the Computer > Programming Sub-forum and have fun, what ever you do...

Hello pinwillie, and welcome to Trap 17 from a fellow Michigander and fellow genealogist. I have my family tree, not completed yet, posted, Family Tree. I would be interested in what you idea for a site is? If you have come to Trap 17 for the free no-ads web hosting, you have come to the right place. It is very dependable and the people on this forum are friendly and helpful. Make sure you catch up with all the rules, etc. Keep putting up posts like this and you will have your hosting credits in not time flat.

Hello, pinwillie, and welcome aboard!Interesting to see that you're a geneologist. My father's been constructing our family tree for some time now. Quite fascinating to see how far back and where your family roots came from. Mine is pretty much a mix of Scottish, Welsh and English...plus there's some Japanese blood in there now (which comes from my own family).I'm one of the "veteran" members of the Trap 17 community. Like yourself, I also dab in a bit of website/graphic design when I have the time.Hope you enjoy your stay here, and if you ever encounter a problem, feel free to call on the moderators/admins on this forum.So until next time...see you on the boards!

Hey Pinwillie and welcome to Xisto! I hope you enjoy your stay here and come back often to visit. I'm sure if its coding that you want to learn and how to make a website from scratch the people here at Xisto will be able to help you. :lol:

Hello and welcome to Trap 17! Introductions can be hard for me too, since I never know what to say either, but you did a good job at it lolI'm sure you'll be able to pass along lots of stuff for people to learn and also be able to learn lots of stuff from people here as well. I know that's been the way it has been for me. And if you have questions while you are learning to make your webpages, then it's good to post on this forum, because they've always helped me out with my problems so well in the past. It's really a great and smart group of people here.Anyway, glad you joined, have lots of fun here... and we'll probably see each other around :lol: