xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arnz

Cricket World Cup 07 In West Indies.

I've followed the scores in this tourny, but due to not having pay tv, I've only got to see a few matches on TV. While I noticed the crowd turnouts are disappointing for the hosts, there has also been some controversial events (Eg drugs), and even the Pakistan Coach Bob Woolmer murdered under controversial circumstances (this would've made the news everywhere).However, I must applaud the organisers for letting Cricket's showcase event go on, despite the passing away of Bob Woolmer (under rather suspicious circumstances - according to the police).

Hussey hasnt been in the best of form in the World Cup so far, but it wont be far away before he makes a contributable score to a vital match at some point in the super 8s.

Oh, i put my money on Australia....they are so damn good.Every department of their game is so well equipped and trained.Moreover, they have mastered the execution of a plan so perfectly,that no matter which mighty opposition they face..they can shatter them to pieces with their sheer focus, concentration and game plan .Obviously, all this impossible without their impecaable perfomance and consistency.Although new minows exist, i can't think of them reaching anywhere...especialy past australia.Their fighting spirit is unmatchable and seems they are trying to get this tag attached to them "born to win".

The windies of the late 80s, and to a lesser extent the early 90s were very good teams. Was also the rise of Brian Lara in the early 90s too. Its a shame about their decline and being caught unprepared for the future at the time.

Hmmmm I think Aus will win the World Cup. Because out of eight country only Aus is the best and has all those quality which a best Cricket country should have in the world for the WORLD CUP. :lol:

Another thing I noticed was the dissapointing crowd turnout in the West Indies for this event, when they dominated back in the 80s and early 90s, I noticed the grounds would be packed to the brim with bongo drums and the like. Even in the late 90s, the crowds may have dropped off at Windies tests/odis, but still pulled a good turnout.But now, the only ppl that seemed to be attending is the overseas South Africa/Australia/NZ contingent, and the lucky local rich bastards (no offense intended :lol:) over there. I'd probably would like to know any reasons for the poor crowd turnout.

I think Australia will win the World Cup 2007. Australia team has a good players like Mathew Hayen, Mike Hussey, Ricky Pointing and others. Winning Australia will be luck for other country. Besides New zeland is also seems in good form. Hope there will be competition between Australia and New Zealand.

Another thing I noticed was the dissapointing crowd turnout in the West Indies for this event, when they dominated back in the 80s and early 90s, I noticed the grounds would be packed to the brim with bongo drums and the like. Even in the late 90s, the crowds may have dropped off at Windies tests/odis, but still pulled a good turnout.
But now, the only ppl that seemed to be attending is the overseas South Africa/Australia/NZ contingent, and the lucky local rich bastards (no offense intended ;)) over there. I'd probably would like to know any reasons for the poor crowd turnout.

The main reason of low turn around of crowd is the early exit of India and Pakistan. Two mennows have entered the Super Eight who have spoiled 11 matches and made them one sided. Also Indians and Pakistanis are in huge numbers in West Indies and nehbouring countries, who might come to see the matches but there side has exit early.

Interest of West Indians in cricket has also gone down after there teams continuous poor show in world cricket. This is also one of the reason of lesser crowd.