xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
assasinkilla

Hacking Whats your opinion?

Im back! Let me start here:

I agree that if you hack Windows Vista you deserve to be arrested and locked up. like i said, to a certain extent

I would disagree, we can see that many open source programs EG those that allow users to get into the code and modify it, are a lot safer, faster and generally better than many things that MS create so i feel that by allowing "hackers" to "hack" or modify Vista or any other of the products they would get better PR and more importantly they would have much much better software as with things like firefox a hacker who knows how to hack software by lets say a buffer overflow, would also know how to protect their own codes from this type of attack so if they look through the code of Vista and see the vulnerability, or if their system is attacked and they recognise the issue then they can edit the code to protect themselves and then submit the fix to MS who can then release a patch and make it much more secure. I know the opposite can happen where a hacker would see the issue and then exploit it but i think its more likely it would get fixed.
Now @ techclave,

For lot of guys at school , hacking was a matter of pride. they do it to establish their authority .. Key loggers, especially,..

So true, though i must admit i would love to have been on the hacker thing at school, i was mainly doing web then but some guys did get into the system badly and i must admit it would be quite a thing to be able to say "Ha i got into your system and your a university graduate and im a school student" Mainly because i hated the admins! But i wouldnt cause any damage.

The first one being, hacking is a process , by which a person tends to get the best out of a device or a software system to get the maximum benefit from it. And that itself it bad

now i can see where youre coming from here as editing someone elses work, which they dont want edited, is wrong, but then i refer back to the open source thing, that manyof the most secure and effective programs out there are open source and i think honestly that if one of my friends was a software hacker and said "i can make your XP do this that and this without and bad stuff" then id get him round to show me how and to do it for me. Though you do have a valid point that it is sort of wrong to edit someone else code but i think as long as its not bad and you just did it on yours or your friends computers then i wouldnt see a problem with it.
one more point:

The third thing i have heard is ethical hacking. Ethical hacking is something which people do for good

This is a difficult thing to talk about, because lets take animal testing as an example, say i am a master hacker and i hate animal testing, which i do, so i decide to deface an animal testing website and get rid of their content. Now i am wrong in that i have deleted their work and gain unauthorised access but then am i right in that i might be helping animals to be free by promoting anti-animal testing? And who knows, by taking down that website i might have helped in the closure of a small animal testing lab that otherwise would have discovered a cure for cancer next week but now it cant and that cure is lost for ever?

Id like to say that i agree with ethical hacking becuase of the good things it can lead to, however like i just said there can be many bad things to come from it and there is always two sides of an argument.

And my last point...

Whatever hacking might mean,.. I do not think that is something i would appreciate much !!

humm i dont know i think we have all benefited from hacking in one way or another, hacking has led to many many security advancements, now you could argue that without hackers the security wouldn't even be needed, now thats true but it sure as hell makes us all feel much more safe. Also hacking by investigators of the law have undoubtedly led to many convictions of people like child paedophiles storing data on their computers, credit card cloners. Also it must have led to software developments from hacking, i cant name any but there must have been!

I hope you dont feel ive "flamed" you or anything by posting so much on everything you posted! I just focussed on what you said as i feel you had the most debatable things to talk about where i could hope to show what i feel about them and hopefully someone else will do the same to what ive said so we can talk about hacking in depth :lol:

one last thing i want to say/ask is how do you define a hacker V a cracker? My understanding is that a hacker is someone who finds an exploit and "engineers" it to get him/herself into the system and do as they please. A cracker, to me, is someone who goes through the password system such as brute forcing the Cpanel login to gain access, cracker could also refer to someone who "cracks" software to get it do what they want, such as those who cracked the windows genuine advantage tool.

Well i think thats all i can add right now. This is a very interesting thread in my opinion!

Hey i am new and want to interest Hacking but always get fail....

Plz help me I want to hack any ones computer.Help me yaar plz....

If anyone provide me the trick of hacking or any idea of that it will be cool for me.....

Plz help me I want to hack any ones computer.

Um.. let me put this as honestly and straight forward as i can. NO!

Now if i understand right you want to be taught how to hack so you can hack any-ones computer. That wont happen, not even the forums i used to be on which were dedicated to hacking, you would have been flamed even there where everyone was learning how to hack. No-one will just teach you for any reason really, especially not to just hack anyones computer, that would be considered "skript Kiddie" attitude and skript kiddies dont desire access to the internet, let alone to be taught!

And there is no trick to hacking, you just learn and learn and learn and you never stop learning, its not one single thing it will literally take you years and years and years before you are a skilful hacker. I didnt realise that when i started but when i did i gave up with most of it, just focussing on what i needed to know to be safe. If you are intent on learning to hack i am not saying do not, i would almost encourage a lot of people here to learn to hack for one reason, safety. Put it this way a burglar who knows how to pick a lock also knows which locks he cannot pick and these will be the locks he has fitted on his house. A hacker who knows hoe to inject data into a web database also knows how to stop this happening and so can write safer codes. Its also very interesting.

But to learn hacking i feel you need to be mature and "wise enough" to know what you are doing and its consequences, its like a knife, in the right hands a knife can feed a whole family, provide shelters etc... however in the wrong hands that same knife can wipe out an entire village.

If you did not mean what i assumed you meant than ignore all i have said. But if im right then pleasr think about the reasons why you want to learn to hack and then think abut learning how to. :lol:

Well as it goes i tried to define what i understood from the terms hackers and crackers, if i was right then go me, if not then tell us what you take from the two terms and how they differentiate from each other. I thought my definition was right, but judging from your post it might not have been

Protip: Anyone claming to be a "hacker" is usually just a 13 year old trying to pull an ace card during an internet argument.Seriously, though. The term "hacking" is just a vague assortment of various terms the technologically illiterate might as well call "COMPOOTER MAGIC".

Edited by Kioku (see edit history)

today, hackers have a bad rep, they are seen on movies such as "the Core" eating hotpockets, and hacking into government computers. as a result, if some one is accused of, or said to be hacking, they are automaticaly assumed to be doing something illegial! this is not the way it is!! the term "hacker" was first used to label a person who has developed a very good understanding of computers, and uses their skills to view computer code, study it, learn from it, maybe fix it, or develope their own programs or programming languages. point being, hacking isnt a bad thing unless it is used for bad intentions, like distributing viriuses, or destructive programs and messing with peoples private files. as a matter of fact, bill gates (owner and developer of microsoft-- invented ms office, windws live search, etc.) started hacking in highschool as a way to help improve his schools computers and write new programs for them!

well to tell you the truth there are only 3 types of hackers you have a Black Hacker - type of hackers that dont care about anybody even if they hurt them White Hacker - type that tests websites etc.. dont try to hurt usGray Hacker - type that hacks for fun and sometimes hurts people