xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ghostrider

My Site (so Far)

well its ok, one thing, I think you should change the border. now it seems realy cutted of, try to make the corners a little round or put a black 1 px border around it.But the banner itself is a bit empty and simple I think..

Hey,The design goes great with the back ground color, the sides are a little too plain i would suggest adding some cool designs on the left and right and crop it like semi-circle wise on the side(for the corners not to look to edgy or pointy, make them more circle shape)But its going gret You have excellente talent keep going:D

The background in fact does NOT go with your image. I know you used a blue outer-glow on your text, but that doesn't make the background any more fitting. The background of your image is black, and the background of your page is blue. My eyes are either distracted away from the image or away from the background. If you place content on this background, you're going to continually distract your viewers. My suggestion is that you should make the background black, and try a different header image (I have a stroooong bias against bevel effects). Experiment if you have to, and make the bottom text a different font.

It doesn't really have much on it, so I can't judge the site on a whole. If you're just beginning, not bad; it's a little early to convert you to semantics and validity, but please keep trying. You can make something a bit more empathetic than this. You've got it in you, I'm sure.

I think your website looks a bit plain. I don't really like the design :lol:I also think that the logo which you have used doesn't really fit the colours of the background, which biscuitrat has also said (in the post above).Also, to make the site more professional, you could concentrate on using a more professional background, maybe a lighter one? and change font colours for various items such as holding your mouse over hyperlinks etc.I think getting the site right is a little bit of trial and error. You need to play around until you get the borders looking nice and colours which fit the image. I personally prefer sites which have lighter backgrounds rather than sites which have dark. I feel the sites which have a dark colour are a bit dull. Lighter colours allow you to show off more with various images or different text styles.If you are happy with your website, I wouldn't worry too much about changing it. It's you, the webmaster, who gets to choose which colours and border styles are used.

Try getting a new template or just pimp out the one you have, as in putting in a nice background, better navigation or something. but yeah, im sure you can google free templates.