xisto Community
dedyradix

Geforce 8600gts & Gt Will Launc At April 17 DX 10 and Shader Model 4 Mainstream VGA

Are you want play game with DX 10 and shader model 4 at low price....hmmm you must wait until april 17th >>nvidia will launch gforce 8600 and 8500 series support DX 10 & SM4 at price range 249-169 US $

Where did you find this? Maybe a link? Thats a good idea for nvidia though, bring more people into the 8 series range of cards with DX10, but for a lower price.Do you have any specs on these cards other than price? Like core/mem clock speeds?

I can't even afford to upgrade my 350MhZ CPU, I don't need to be buying video cards with a GPU twice as fast

Well, since video card gpus and ram are way more complex than cpus and ram for your motherboard, it's safe to say that the video card is 20 times as fast. Also, I'm not going DX10 (at least not yet) because certain programs that I use a lot can't (or don't want to) updgrade to DX10.

I saw one of these bad boys the other day, a client requested one in their system. Not too bad, good way to get into DX10 (that is, if you want to yet) and fairly inexpensive. Good performance, it seems to run about like a 7950GT or somewhere around there. Solid card. For the price, I'd recommend them. Dont bother buying a 7 series card anymore, have to go with whats new, get something that will support your system in the future with DX10.